Chapter 43

"I'm sorry"

The words were simple. But the meaning behind it weren't. I was in bed reading the words over and over again. Trying to understand the meaning.

Why did he write this to me? Did he really feel sorry? Or was he just playing again? All this thoughts in my head didn't let me sleep. I had to find out. I had to see Christofer.

With a deep breath my feet started to move toward's his room. I stood in front of his door and the warning came to my mind.

"Do not fucking enter my room!"

His words repeated in my head but I shook them away. Christofer didn't mean them. He was sorry. I walked further toward's the door and knocked softly. I waited for any sounds but Christofer didn't make any.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He surely wasn't sleeping. He had his light on. I knocked again. Why wasn't he reacting?

Maybe he wanted to be left alone?

I shook my head again. Not even twenty minutes ago he had left me the letter. Surely he wouldn't be back to avoiding me now, would he?

With a deep breath my fingers tightened around the handle. I opened the door and peeked inside. My eyebrows furrowed once again. Where was he? I stepped further into the room and looked around. Christofer was not in his room.

My eyes roamed over his untouched bed. Confusion was slowly starting to settle in me. Where could he be?

I jumped up in fright when I heard muffled sounds from outisde. Someone was coming here. Fuck. What should I do? If Christofer saw me here in his room he would get the wrong idea. Hell, why did I get inside?

Damn it. I had no time to hide. Nowhere to run. I had to hide before anyone caught me here. I looked around the room and spotted the closet door. I ran towards it but then stopped myself. If I got inside the closet I was at risk of getting caught the second they peeked. But what choice did I have?

I panicked and climbed under the bed when the footsteps got closer. I curled my body and squeezed my eyes shut. I was so screwed. I would end up getting killed. Christofer would drain me out of my life force and then sacrafise my blood to an anicent tree. Or even worse. He would shave my head and sell my hair to the Dubai Prince. And then he would kill me and hang my shaved head on his office wall. My mind was racing with scenario's when whoever it was stepped into the room.

"Sir, I'm glad you had me bring Isabella. I actually really wanted to talk to you about something. And it's not something to discuss over the phone." Vincent's voice spoke.

"What's the matter?" Christofer's deep voice made my heart stutter.

"There is a problem back home, Sir" Vincent continued.

"What happened?"

"We found out that there has been inside information being provided to the Abandonato's. There is a traitor, sir. A spy"