Chapter Fifteen

It was Saturday morning, Sarah and I had managed to watch all movies last night, without further talk into my 'love life'.

I figured I didn't have feelings for my boss, though I was infact overwhelmed by his genorosity and surprised by his soft side. Having faith in me to do my duties as assistant and showing me a high level of respect, contruary to our first encounters.

I checked my bank and almost doubled over when I seen the large four-digit balance staring back at me. $2500 for a weeks worth of work! Wow! Almost enough to pay bond and a couple of weeks of advanced rent.

Sarah had dropped me home shortly after, where I had dressed myself suitable for a day of lounging around.

I  made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, surprised to see the whole family were still home for the morning. I took a seat and joined in on the family breakfast.

Chattering and laughter could be heard for miles. It was good to have been forgiven and the past left in the past.

The bond I had with my family now, almost brought tears to my eyes, happy tears, before quickly being replaced by laughter. I missed this and I wish I hadn't of left this all behind 2 years ago. Things were looking brighter now, though I would be fooling myself if I thought it would stay like this. Sooner or later, I will be reliving the two years of hell again.

My siblings have grown to be quite the comedians. And I seem to have been the centre of all jokes.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" my father had questioned. "Wouldn't be a man by any chance?"

What is up with these assumptions lately? I questioned myself.

"The answer to your question would be a no" I laughed. "I actually got my first paycheck today and it's refreshing hearing everyone laugh"

"We are very proud of you, Ky. I know it mustn't be easy working for the billionaire" my mother gushed, "so what's on the agenda today?"

"Well -- I decided I would hang out with you guys. I've been so busy working that I haven't had a lot of time catching up with you guys".

"That sounds good to me Ky" my parents spoke in unison.

"Board games!" Hunter squealed, drawing our attention from our parents.

We were all in fits of laughter but all agreed a board game or two would be just what we needed.

We rearranged the furniture to make way for our games, making ourselves comfy on the floor of the living room, whilst Hunter managed to drag some games from the closet.

Although we weren't completely pleased by his choice of games, we all enjoyed it.

Our neighbours must think that we were a bunch of barbarians from the amount of shouting and laughs that echoed throughout the house.

It was nearing midday when our attention was drawn to my phone blaring, signalling an incoming message.

"Who is it Ky?" My mother questioned, eyeing my reddening cheeks.

Still free for a chat and coffee? I'll be at the cafeteria across from office at 12 :-) -Marcus

A little giggle escaped before answering, "Just a friend -- I forgot that I made plans to meet up for coffee".

Ok, I wasn't completely honest with them. Though how would I be able to explain that it was my boss and feelings were non existant.. Without giving them the wrong idea.

I doubt they brought my lie but they didn't question any further.

"I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to finish this another time. I got half an hour to get ready and meet with my friend". I quickly spoke before rushing off into my room.

What am I going to wear! What am I going to wear? I stressed, searching through the little clothes I had.

A knock sounded at my door and mum walked in with a couple of pairs of clothing.

"I noticed you haven't got a whole heap of clothing and I know that you are capable of buying your own, -- but I'm still your mother and I thought I would pick out a couple of outfits for you-- if you don't want them, I can take them --"

I wrapped my arms around my mother to stop the rambling. "Thankyou so much mum. Thankyou, thankyou!"

I eyed the outfits and was happy to find that they weren't too dressy or casual. Perfect for a coffee with the boss.

I let my hair fall down in loose tendrils, paired sandals with my sundress and applied a light coat of makeup before rushing out the door.