"You won't."

"You kissed him?" Wanda and Nat screamed in union as we all sat in Nat's bedroom in the compound.

"Technically, he kissed me first, but..."

"I knew it! See? I told you, Nat!" Wanda jammed a finger in Nat's face, and surprisingly she laughed in response.

"Keep your goddamn voice down!" I ordered them, but seemingly they weren't interested in what I had to say.

"Well? How was it?" Natasha asked raising an eyebrow, and to be quite frank, I didn't know how to answer that question, so I settled with what I was feeling.

"Different."

"Aww...look at her, she's in love."

"Woah. Hold your horses there Wanda. It was just one kiss, and I doubt it means anything to him."

"Oh, I doubt that." Natasha said and by the look on her face, she was certainly sure of herself.

"Well, did you talk about it?" Wanda asked, clearly intrigued.

"Well...it went like this."

-Flashback-

Once we pulled away, it took me a moment to realise that I was straddling him.

I don't know if it was the heat of the moment or if I simply went insane, but I wanted nothing more than to have his lips on mine again.

"We should uh..."

"Yeah...uh...let's go."

****

The drive was back to the compound was tense. Neither of us spoke the whole way, and to be honest it killed me. Did he regret it? Because I sure as hell didn't.

Once we reached the compound, Tony got out of his car, without uttering a word or glancing my way, and I was left in his luxurious car, contemplating whether if kissing him was the right thing.

-End of Flashback-

"Um...that's..." Wanda stuttered, trying to make sense of his unusual behaviour.

"I guess you should talk to him." Nat shrugged and I stared at her like she's grown two heads.

"Absolutely." I paused "Not!"

"Sooner or later you'll have to talk to him, and you're already going back to New York tomorrow so..."

"Enough with this none sense please." I groaned, throwing my body on Natasha's comfy bed.

"Just talk to him, Valentina!" Wanda scolded and I found myself rolling my eyes.

"Alright fine!"

****

Tiptoeing downstairs, I tried to avoid waking any of the team as I made my way to the kitchen as a result of not being able to sleep, and of course being hungry.

When I finally made it past their bedroom doors, I ran my hand through my hair in relief.

"Hey."

I turned around with a squeal, facing a very amused Rhodey.

"Jesus! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but watch your show right there." He pointed to where I was tiptoeing a few seconds ago.

"Shut up, I tried not to wake anyone."

"Well, I'm off to bed. Goodnight, Vee."

Before I got a chance to move or turn around, he spoke again.