Chapter 2: First impression

Picture on the side: Alex 

_____________________________________

When I turned the last corner the store came into view and I let out a relieved sigh when I saw that it was still open. You never know with these local stores...  

"Thank god" I thought to myself as I made my way towards the entrance.

Just before I was about to take a step inside a green Lamborghini Gallardo and a black Jeep Patriot pulled up not far from the entrance and I couldn't help but admire the beautiful masterpieces. Cars had always been a fascination of mine ever since I was a child watching races on television.

I'm not supposed to stare but I couldn't help it and before I could deflect my gaze the doors on both cars opened and four guys got out, two from the Lamborghini and two from the Jeep. It practically screamed money from all four and I could see that none of them should have a difficult time buying a few more of those expensive looking cars. 

I noticed that the two guys from the Lamborghini and the passenger of the Jeep looked like Greek gods taken straight from Olympia and I couldn't take my eyes of them. Not that the fourth guy wasn't handsome, it was just that he didn't play in the same league. Like at all. At least not in my opinion he didn't. Not that I made it a habit of going around admiring guys or anything, it was just hard not to look at them.

I mentally slapped myself when the driver of the Jeep caught me staring and he narrowed his gaze on me. They were too far away for me to see their faces properly so I guessed it was the same for him. The thought calmed me a little because I didn't want to get the usual 'once over' I always got.

Yes, I didn't look that bad myself. I was around 6 feet and I was actually quite muscular. I liked working out when I didn't have to work for that ass of a 'father' and the only reason I wasn't more fit was because he didn't give us that much food. I also had 'quite a face' as many girls have put it and that's probably because I have brown wavy hair and, don't laugh, violet eyes.

Truth be told I didn't mind my eye color because they looked badass together with my untamable brown hair, but what I did mind was all the attention they brought me. I didn't like people giving me attention because I liked blending in and not be seen unless I wanted to. You know... being mysterious and all that. 

I was awaken from my line of thoughts when I saw how the driver of the Jeep made a gesture towards me and said something to his friends, that all turned to look in my direction. My skin began to tingle strangely and I decided that whatever he had said, it wasn't good, because the other three stared at me intensively and they had all frozen where they stood. I thought I could hear them all say 'mine' at precisely the same time but that was probably just my imagination since they were so far away. 

"Well shit, probably not a good sign Ash" I thought to myself.

The driver of the Jeep seemed confused when his three friends didn't acknowledge him and he turned his head between me and the guys like he was trying to figure something out. Suddenly his face lit up and even I could see that he was smiling brightly.

"Okay that's it, get going Ash before something even more strange happens" I thought as I gave myself a mental slap and forced myself to turn my back on them so I could enter the store. I started walking but when I got closer to the entrance I cursed out loud.

"Hell to the no this can't be happening." I groaned as I saw the 'closed' sign on the door. It had been open just a minute ago! I walked up towards the door anyway and looked inside as I tried to see if someone was still there. They had to be. Otherwise they must be hiding behind the counter or something.