Chapter 4: An evil-looking pole

Picture on the side: Anton 

__________________________________

My hopes got crushed when the grey-eyed guy and the driver of the Jeep, Kevin, stepped around a tree and came into view.

"Of course, my usual luck..." I grumbled under my breath and Alex shot me an amused look before he turned his head towards the approaching guys.

"Yeez guys I thought you had lost him. What's taking you so long?" The guy with grey eyes said. Alex smiled at him and his answer got me to grate my teeth:

"Well he didn't get very far Anton because he tripped over a root, it's just that he doesn't want to answer our questions."

"No shit Sherlock." I said irritated but I shut my mouth immediately when Alex gave me a dark look.

"He said he ran into a pole." Adam said sighing and I couldn't help but smile at the grey-eyed guy, Anton, who gave me a quizzical look.

"A pole?" He said, eyeing me skeptically and I made my smile look as innocent as I could. I knew he didn't buy it but I wasn't about to blow my lie now.

"Did I forget to mention how evil-looking the pole looked?" I said while I shook my head and tried to look sad.

"Okay that's it! I'm going to force the answer out of you, mate." Alex growled and turned towards me with an irritated look on his face. He started stalking towards me and I felt my eyes go big as I struggled to get out of Adams grip.

"Hey let me go! The doggie is after my blood." I yelled in a fake girl voice and I could see Alex eyes grow a dark stormy blue. Anton narrowed his eyes at me but before Alex got to me he said:

"Alex don't bother, we'll get the answer out of him later. Let's go before it gets dark." 

Alex stopped and shot Anton an irritated look before he turned to me again and pointed at my chest as he answered:

"Fine but only if I get to mark him first." 

After a second I felt Adam nod behind me and when Anton also had nodded Alex smirked at me. He let his hand drop and took a step closer so he could lean down towards me. What the hell did he mean by mark me?

"You shouldn't have called me a dog; I'll make you regret that. Prepare yourself "Sparky" because when we get home I'll make you beg." He said, his eyes dark and mischievous and I felt my heartbeat speed up a little.

"Sparky? Really doggie, you couldn't come up with something better? And as for the begging... not really my thing." I said, smiling at him and trying to sound calm though I was anything but. Alex gave me an amused look and an evil grin before he answered:

"We'll see about that, won't we?"