Chapter Thirty Six

Hailey's POV

We left the party sooner than I expected Saturday night, and not because of me, but because of Angela. I could see it in her eyes, hear it in her voice, she was uncomfortable being there after her little run in with Axel, but she hadn't said anything or mentioned that she wanted to leave, she was trying to stick it out. I couldn't take it any longer after that, she was starting to remind me of Isaac, constantly checking behind her back, her surroundings, always being on high alert, so I suggested we leave and boy was she quick to agree.

I texted Carmen on the drive back to her place, telling her to invite Angela to stay the night since it was so early, that we could have a girls night or something. I of course explained what had happened at the party in our text conversation and she completely understood. She waited until we made it back to her apartment to throw my idea out in the open, and surprisingly Angela agreed to stay and I was slightly relieved. I actually felt a little uncomfortable with her driving all the way back home in the mood she was in, especially late at night.

Angela of course didn't end up staying the whole night. Dion actually came for her a little passed one am, he even rang Carmen's doorbell and everything. Angela immediately flew into Dion's arms, as Mrs. Rodriguez cautiously opened the door in the middle of the night. I had always assumed that Angela and Isaac were the two closer bunch out of the trio, but after tonight I realized just how close Dion and Angela actually were. Angela had unexpectedly started crying in Dion's embrace, he wrapped his arms tighter around her, whispering something into her ear as she slowly nods her head yes.

Only when Angela's calmed and ready to go does Dion look up at me. He doesn't smile, he doesn't greet me, he simply ask's me if I want a ride back home and I politely decline. He apologizes to Carmen and her mom one last time before leaving, and leaves without a goodbye. I don't know why I did, but I ran to Carmen's balcony, which faced her apartment complex parking lot, and went outside. Carmen lived on the fourth floor, meaning Dion and Angela were probably still in the elevator or going down the stairs because they hadn't made it outside yet.

I instantly spotted Dion's Jeep out in the parking lot, parked right next to Angela's Camaro, and noticed two guys hanging around it, but it was too dark and I was too far away to make out their faces. A few seconds after that i spot Angela and Dion finally walking out towards his truck, Angela's hand intwined with his, as he carried her belongings with his free hand. He opens the passenger door allowing Angela to climb in, shutting the door after her, and tosses her stuff in the back seat. He walks over to the two unknown guys and hands something to the guy who's standing to his left.

Dion must have told the guys something because they both end up nodding their heads, and he soon walking away back to his Jeep, driving off. One of the two guys walks around Angela's Camaro standing at the passenger door, waiting, and then they're both suddenly climbing into it as the other guy unlocks the doors. I was actually wondering what Ang was gonna do with her car when Dion mentioned he was taking her home. I can hear the engine to her car purring from up here as they drive out of the parking lot, and I walk back into Carmen's warm apartment and we head straight to bed.

My dad doesn't pick me up until late at night on Sunday after he gets out of work, which was okay for him because he just so happened to be working in the City that day. Carmen and I really didn't do much that day, her mom took us out to lunch by the time we woke up because we had slept in pretty late. We went to the mall and did some shopping, or I should say they did some shopping, and then made it back to their place in time to start dinner. I actually loved Mrs. Rodriguez cooking, I hadn't had it in a while, she definitely had a good hand when it came to spices.

My dad had picked me up a little passed 9pm and we headed straight home, we didn't get back until five passed 10 maybe and I immediately went into the shower and crawled into bed, seeing how I had school the next morning. I knew my dad was still iffy about me going to school but he didn't say anything, plus he had to work so I would've been stuck home with Caleb, and well.. Caleb's Caleb.