9

'Yeah, change it, it'll be nice to have one name.' Tobias thought about this concept, no mix between Potter, Tonks. Just Snape.
'Good, I'll do that tomorrow.' Tobias went onto his side and fell asleep.

*

Tobias strolled through the halls, his name had been changed, Nova was super supportive. He was with her and Felicity at the moment, Isa was busy with homework. So naturally the trio walked together, another girl called Kyra had joined them on the way to Transfiguration.

'So, Snape. How has life been?' Kyra asked, after Felicity spilled all the details.
'Yes, Snape. Tobias Sirius Snape, how has your life been?' Felicity asked, resting an elbow onto his shoulder.
'Fine, it's been great actually. How long it will last, I'm yet to find out.' Tobias laughed, not long a furious looking Harry Potter came his way.
'We need to talk, in private.' He breathed out, this meant he had been frantically looking for Tobias.
'Of course, tell Mcgonagall I'm with Harry so I'll be late.' Nova and the Ravenclaw girls left them alone. In the hallway.

Harry began pacing, this had to be about Professor Snape and him changing his name. Tobias had no clue what else it could possibly be about, unless the Twins told him about Draco. Fred and George would never do that though, not after the threat of Molly.

'Snape, you now go by Tobias Snape.' Tobias never expected this reaction. He didn't expect his brother to have an large amount of intelligence.
'Yes.' Tobias was defiant.
'Didn't want to ask me about this, you are my only brother, my only family and you take on the name of a man I hate.' Harry was angry, Tobias needed track of his emotions, so he knew when to get the upper hand.
'Yes, it's not like you're taking on his name.' Tobias gestures towards his brothers scruffy appearance and red lined robes.
'No, I'm not. I'll be damned if I ever do, he is vile. More then you know, he is probably using you to get you to Voldemort.' Harry seethed out, not wanting to cause a loud disturbance.
'My Godfather is not, a death eater.'
'He was. He tried to kill me in the quidditch pitch, when our brooms were under a curse it was him.' Harry pointed backwards, towards the dungeons.
'HE WAS SAVING YOU!' Tobias yelled, he wouldn't have Harry being an idiot.
'What?'
'He was saying a counter curse, Quirrell tried to kill you.'
'Why are you protecting him? What has he done for you?'
'More than what you have. Why don't you run off to Ron? You seem to prefer him as a brother to me.' Tobias was going for the kill, he wasn't resenting any savagery.
'You think I don't care, you are my only family Tobias.'
'And yet you constantly ignore me, I spent most of my first year crying and feeling sorry for myself whilst you ran off with your friends. Who did I cry to? Snape. Who was there for me? Snape. Why do you dislike him?' Tobias couldn't see any further.
'He is a disgusting man, he likes you because you're in his house. Had you been in Gryffindor you'd hate him as much as me. He'd bully you, out you down, insult you, and treat like nothing. He is a bully Tobias.' Tobias turned, he didn't want this. Not now a crowd had gathered from the filled classrooms.
'You can run away, I'm your brother!'

Tobias had had enough. He could hold this comment back any longer.

'And that reason was enough to stop you running was it?'

He pushed pass the crowded sixth years, his eyes burned. Tobias couldn't deal with anything right now, not Harry, not Draco, not even his new father. This was supposed to be a good day, a happy day.

'Tobias.' Draco.
'What?' Tobias wanted him to know he wasn't in the mood.
'Potter had no right, you had reason to keep this from him.' There was another thing.
'I like how you understand, keeping things from people whom you're supposed to love and care about I mean.' Tobias knew this would not end well, Tobias couldn't care. At this moment, he felt like he deserved nothing.
'What are you on about Tobias?' Draco gripped his hand to hold him still.
'Chaser. Nimbus 2001.' Tobias turned his head, as if asking should he go on.
'Oh. Those aren't as big as, changing your whole person.'
'My whole person, I'm a different person for having my last name changed.'
'No- that's not what I'm saying.' Draco tried to reason.
'Then what? What are you saying?' Tobias asked, the tears had began falling now. He had a bitter, cold tone.
'Never mind, that is what I'm saying. Tobias I know, wouldn't be addressing me like this. You have changed. For some strange, weird reason, you have. So Tobias, we're done.' Draco spat and sulked off. Leaving Tobias broken.

Harry. Draco.

Tobias made his way off and down into the Slytherin common room. He might be a Potter, well a Snape now. But he hurt Draco Malfoy, so now his house despised him too. Nova still spoke to him, but she wouldn't be seen around with him. So that night Tobias sat at the edge of his bed alone, his body racking with tears and his heart burning. The duelling club was re scheduled, so he had no distractions. His hands made their way through his hair multiple times, this was probably his lowest moment. Twelve, he was only twelve. Why couldn't he have that innocence, that happiness he sees placed on other children. Why? A soft knock was at his door.

'Tobias.' Severus. Tobias let it be.
'Tobias please, can I come in?' He spoke a little louder. Once again, Tobias sat still.
'Tobias this isn't funny, tell me I can enter or I'll come in anyway.' Tobias moved, click, he locked the door.
'Fine. See you tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up to hard.' Severus knocked once more, then left.

Tobias slid down the door.

Harry, Draco, Severus.

He heard giggling in through the pipes, he could see Myrtle. Did he deserve to though? Myrtle was always so upset, she had been so happy these past through days. He couldn't do it, he couldn't bring Myrtle down. Not with his problems anyway. So that being the rounding total, to four.

Harry, Draco, Severus, Myrtle.

Why?