*•.¸♡ Chapter 2: Love Hurts ♡¸.•*

**Carey's POV**

Soon we arrive at the Scarlet Creek pack house. It was huge and because of that, I found it hard to believe that it was just one house. "There is no way this is just one house..." I mutter as I look up at the golden lining in the ceiling and statues which seemed to glisten even in the dim lighting of the setting sun. The place looked like a castle. Red carpets lay in each hallway and each white door had a name in a golden color.

"What?" Derek looks back at me and I shake my head. He leads me down a maze of hallways until we finally reach the kitchen. Derek walks over to a cupboard and pulls out a towel before handing it to me. I begin drying my hair with it as the midget begins cooking.

With a snap of my fingers, my clothes are changed and I'm dry. I was now wearing navy blue skinny jeans and a black shirt along with black and white converse. "That still somehow surprises me..." he laughs softly, glancing over at me for a second before he keeps cooking.

He was currently making spaghetti, and so far he seemed to know what he was doing. "You're surprised? Who would've thought that a human who can shift into a wolf would be surprised at a little magic~" I say playfully and nudge his shoulder. "Are you some kind of chef?" I ask, leaning on the counter.

He nods with a charming grin that could melt anyone. It should be considered a weapon if you ask me. I shake the thoughts away just as he replies "I've always wanted to be a chef so as soon as I finish high school I'm going to a culinary school."

I look outside through the window and nod "well it seems you're pretty good."

━━━━━ « ☼ » ━━━━━

Somehow we ended up eating with an actually pleasant conversation. He then asked me if I wanted to go for a walk which I agreed to. It was hard to say no to him. "You wanna see me shift?" Derek asks with a wink.

I shrug, forcing myself not to react to him. "Sure, though I've already seen a wolf shift. Nathan," I smile a bit and he takes off his clothes with ease. My eyes widen slightly as I stare. Sure he was short in stature but he was definitely not small downstairs. As I realize I'm staring I look away and he shifts into a large wolf with black fur and beautiful amber eyes.

I stare in amazement, somehow his wolf form took my breath away. It was odd, seeing as I have already seen a werewolf shift before. A lot actually. "Wow..." the word escaped my lips before I can process what's going on. He nods his head and I climb on him.

He begins running with amazing speed through the forest. Soon we arrive at a clearing and I get off. He shifts back and sadly puts his clothes on. Sadly? Ha...I mean thankfully. I don't want to see that.

"This was my favorite place to go as a kid," he begins speaking before sitting down on the grass. I sit beside him and nod, not saying much else. "Do you have a favorite place to go?" He asks, seemingly curious.

I shake my head "I don't. Places are just places. Nothing to be attached to really" I sigh, somehow a slight ache builds up in my heart.

"Memories are what makes a place special" he takes my hand slyly before smiling at me. He pins me down on the grass and leans in close, to the point I can feel his breath caress my skin. "They fill the heart with happiness and sometimes even love " he whispers.

I can feel my face heat up and my heart skips a beat. I wasn't sure why my heart was doing that. It shouldn't be doing that. This guy had a mate either way. He belonged to someone already.

The same ache from before returns and I feel sadness welling up in my throat. It was attempting to claw its way up. "Stop messing around...idiot" my voice is shaky.