Chapter III

They laid low for almost fifty years, watching and waiting. A week after Harry had become Lady Noctis he had created his first horcrux; he shared the diary with Tom. After all, if a part of Tom's soul is in a diary, Harry's own should accompany it.

Occasionally they would do raids, and they only ever succeeded. Over the years Harry had gained a streak of knowing justice like the back of his hand, and everyone knew that if you had done no wrong, Lady Noctis would show mercy. If you had done wrong, then Lady Noctis would not stop Lord Voldemort from his rightful kill. Every Death Eater knew not to mess with Lady Noctis, for not only did he have Lord Voldemort, but because Lady Noctis himself was a force to be reckoned with.

The Lord and Lady were walking down the streets in Godric's Hollow. A week ago they had received intel from their spy Severus Snape that there had been a prophecy concerning them and a baby born at the end of July. The only two babies, Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom, were identified and prepared for. The Longbottoms were deemed insane after an interrogation by Bellatrix Lestrange, but that was only to gain information about Harry Potter, because they had killed Neville before the interrogation. They never did give in, which Harry had to appreciate. He hoped they were given reasonable accommodations in St. Mungo's— in fact, he ordered it.

Therefore, they resorted to Peter Pettigrew, the Potters' weak and traitorous friend. Unsurprisingly, it had been Harry who suggested the idea. Of course, even though Pettigrew gave them the information they needed, he still hated that quivering rodent.

They reached the house, entered, and looked for the parents. On the couch, Harry noticed a wand without an owner. He smirked. That would be a good advantage.

Soon enough, the came across the father, James. He screamed for Lily to take the baby and run, and tried to put up a fight before being killed with a well placed killing curse. Harry couldn't help but roll his eyes. A wandless wizard beat them? Yeah, right. He was definitely a Gryffindor through and through.

Harry caught Tom's eye and held a finger up to his lips before they snuck up the stairs to where they heard a baby crying. Opening the door swiftly, they saw Lily rushing to cover her baby in an invisibility cloak. When she heard the door slam open, she turned around to see two cloaked figures— one a full head taller then the other. Immediately, she knew what had happened. Peter Pettigrew had betrayed them to Voldemort and Noctis.

"Please don't kill Harry," she pleaded desperately when she saw the taller one raise his wand. "Kill— kill me instead! Please—"

"Avada Kedavra," Tom whispered, and a deadly green light flashed before the woman fell dead. Harry had to wince. When he saw these flashbacks when he was younger they were just that— flashbacks. Seeing it in person was worse.

Harry moved forwards and lifted the invisibility cloak off of the baby, and the crying stopped as soon as the baby gazed into his eyes. 'They probably remind him— me— of mum,' Harry thought.

"Step aside, precious," Tom sounded from behind him. "We must end this before anyone from the Order catches wind that we are here. This is an overly light community, after all."

Harry glanced back at Tom. He wouldn't let him make the same mistake he had last time. "A mother just died for her baby, dear. I would hope by now that you realized how much love could make a difference," Lady Noctis whispered. "She had willingly given her life for Harry, which means that there will be a shield on him, in some ways, that would protect him from dark magic. Unless you would like to be bodiless for who knows how long, we mustn't use magic."