24. First Ray Of Sunlight

"Wajahat." He who was busy looking at the mirror, searching for the invisible hollow in his reflection, turned towards the door, where his mother stood with a smile. A smile which felt just as hollow as his own soul.

"Mom, please come In!" He greeted her with a small smile.

Fariqa was astonished to see him smile. In the past 5 years this was the first time he had greeted her with a smile. A smile which was not full of life but still warm enough for her to feel relieved. She was amazed and felt truly thankful to the almighty for this small change In her son.

"What we're you looking at?" She gestured him to come near her, she was seated in his bed.

"Hmm!! How long were you standing.!" He sighed.

"A while! You didn't answer my question." She seemed adamant to a say her thoughts today, Wajahat mentally smiled for he knew what she was here to state. When he had convinced himself to move on for his parents, though it was impossible for him., he felt like cheating himself.

"What are you thinking again?" She smiled and brushed back the hairs from his forehead. He just smiled at her.

"I hate your new habit of thinking always without saying or eating you're thoughts how long are we gonna see this cold side of yours."

"Nothing Mom, it's nothing importan....."

"Nothing important? Don't say that! You were standing In front of the mirror for at least 20 minutes!  And this is not the first time I've notice you like this!"

"I was searching for the hollow spot inside me Mom! But it seems like I'm hollow To my soul. Only a spot of me is alive for you and dad!" He said holding his hairs.

"I'm sorry Mom! I'm so so sorry! But no matter how hard I try, I feel like betraying myself, I can't get myself to forget her. Never thought one day I'll be crazy for someone and she'll leave me... we didn't even..... I can't take it anymore Mom, it feels like dying everyday but never drying completely! I wanna feel free from this excruciating feelings which have resided in me. I wanna feel free to breathe! I wanna feel.... I don't even know what I want from my life anymore." He burst out.

"Wajahat! I know it's very hard for you my son. But please for once. Try to look around yourself, there are so many of us who care for you! Look at us Wajahat!" She forced him to look at her and held his cheeks in her hand.

"Look at us Wajahat! We're alive! Do you know how much it kills us to look at you like this. But we're still alive, and still hopeful that one day you'll be the same old Wajahat. It's been 5 years dear. Please return me back my Wajahat. I'm begging you." Her last sentence made him jump from his place. He squatted down in front of her so that now he was kneeling on the floor in front of Fariqa.

"Mom! Please don't make me guilty.!"he said, moisture pooling in his eyes.

"I'll do what ever you want me to do!" He winked at Her. Trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Anything?" She asked with a hope.

"Yes mom anything, I promise I'm not going to refuse."

"We want you to get married beta!" She said worrying about what if he rejects. But since Wajahat had already made up his mind about it. He just smiled at her and rested his head on her lap, closing his eyes.

"Okay!" His approval shocked her. Wajahat opened his eyes and found his mother gawking at him. He laughed at her and closed his eyes again.

Fariqa wanted to bow down to her Allah who had heard her silent pleas and fulfilled her first wish. Though he wasn't the same Wajahat even know, but even this slightest change seemed like a first ray of sunlight after the darkest night.                             

Hi sweet fellas.

Sorry sorry so sorry for the late update!!

Hope you don't think Wajahat as the cry baby.

Have a nice day/night

Let me know your thoughts by commenting.

Please do comment, I'm always so desperate to know what my readers think about this book and it's characters.

Make the hollow star gold if you've liked it.

Take care.
With love,
            Kiara💞