Chapter 13

It's the next day and Brynn and I are sitting on the steps to my house waiting for her sister to pick her up. I'm dreading this because that means my oldest brothers and my twin will go back to torturing me.

"I wish you wouldn't leave." I sigh.

"Yeah well eventually they'd get tired of waiting for me to leave and just torture us both." She shakes her head.

"Thanks for leaving me by myself. What a great friend." I whack her arm.

She whacks me back just as her sisters black car pulls into the drive.

"Bye. Good luck. Call me later so I know you're still alive." Brynn calls behind her, climbing into the car.

"Alright." I yell back.

I turn and reluctantly open the door, heading inside the house. Barely one step in the house and a pair of muscular arms scoops me up off the ground.

"Hey!" I squawk.

I look up and see Leo. Alexander standing right beside him, grinning at me. Fantastic.

"Come on baby sister." Leo says cheerfully, carrying me out of the room and up the stairs.

"I'm not a baby." I object.

"Sure. Ok." Leo snorts.

"I'm not!" I whine.

Just as I say that we reach the top of the stairs. I begin to struggle. I'm not sure why I still bother. No way am I escaping. Especially when Alexander's right there, ready to catch me. We enter Hunter's room again, him and Ryder await.

"Emma. How nice of you to join us." Ryder says.

"Shut up." I say.

Leo sets me down. He's still got a strong grip on my arms so I can't run.

"You're squeezing my arms too tightly." I grumble.

"Quiet munchkin." Alexander commands.

"Don't call me that." I order.

Without responding Alexander grabs my one arm and Ryder grabs the other. I try to resist but that doesn't help at all. The two of them hold me in front of Hunter and Leo.

"Just let me leave." I say half heartedly.

I know they're not letting me out if this.

"We won't hurt you Emma, if you just give me your phone back." Hunter says, stepping forward and sticking out his hand.

"Why do you want it?" I whine.

"Leverage. I've told you this idiot." He says.

I try pulling my arms away from both sides without success.

"Mmmm." I think about just handing over my phone so I can be let go.

"Fine." I sigh.

I look at Alexander and Ryder.

"Somebody has to let go of my arm so I can grab my phone."

Ryder lets go of me and I reach into my front pocket. I hand over my phone, hanging my head.

"See life's less painful if you just cooperate." Leo says, patting my head like I'm a dog.

I swat his hand away and yank my other arm from Alex's grip. Then turning and storming out.I cross my arms as I storm down the hallway only to bump into Cameron. Super.

"What's wrong grumpy?" He asks.

"Shut up Cam. Leave me alone." I shove past him.

"You are really grumpy." He says, shaking his head.

I head back to my room and close and lock the door so my brothers will stay out.