CHAPTER 7

Euphoria runs deep...

The sun was blazing hot. Insects scurried from one sloppy ground to another, trying to hide their small form, from the increasing heat.

Beautiful plants decorated the field. At one end a bunch of daffodils were surrounded by brightly coloured butterflies. The sight was enchanting.

Miranda moved quietly through the field, She was on a mission.
As she touched the different herbs one after the other, feeling their texture, she visualized what it would be like to be a healer, to reach out to people and help them when they were down.
Just then she found her rhapsody.

She moved with sprint, yes she would be a healer! She couldn't wait to tell mama the good news.

Maria thought it to be bad news.

"I can't let you become a healer Miranda, it's too exhausting".

" Ma! You can't just turn down the idea without seeing the benefit it could bring us".

"What benefit is there?, at your age you should be married, you should have had children already. Learning the rules of healing will take you awhile to digest, and you don't have time my dear".

" No mother, I want to be a healer and I'm going to become one, no matter how long it takes me!
I'm a fast learner, you told me that yourself, so what are you afraid of? "

Maria was getting angry." You'll listen to me young woman!"

"I'll do no such thing Mother! I can't let you subject me to a life that I don't want right now. Please understand that I need to do this. I beg you."
Miranda's voice ended with a soft note.

Maria looked at the woman that had once being a child. "Very well, if that's what you want to do with your life, then who am I to stop you?"

Miranda was overjoyed, " thank you mother, I promise to do my best, I really want this, I'm so happy".

" I believe you. You deserve happiness, tomorrow I'll take you to Lady Latisha's place, I'm sure she could squeeze in a space for you. She owes me a favor by the way".

Miranda nodded her head enthusiastically, she couldn't speak because she was afraid that if she did, mother may just change her mind.

Maria smiled thinly."Now young Lady, get going. Bring out those potatoes I bought from the market. I want to make us a splendid supper".

Miranda was curious, she placed her hands on her hips and quaked an eyebrow.
" What's the occasion, Ma?"

Maria smile widened. "Young lady we are celebrating you forthcoming successes".

Miranda laughed and sauntered out of the room, to get the potatoes,freshly cleaned out and ready for cooking...oh dear.

Thanks for reading!

Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏
😘