The Slender Man

Art above drawn by, L1f3Les.

1. Slender Man's aliases are, Der Schlanker Mann (The Slender Man in German), Fear Dubh (Black Man in Irish (no racist jokes), which refers to the Devil, (I think.), Schlankwald (It means slim forest in German, but I think this is referring to Slender Man and how he's seen in a forest.), Slendy, Slender Man, Slenderman, The Pale One, The White King, Master, The Thin Man, The Tall Man (Tall, dark, and faceless. No wonder why the ladies are all over you, Slender Man), It (Slender Man is Pennywise confirmed you guys), and Black King (I thought he was the White King though? Looks like Slendy wants to rule both colors. Also, I pray for no racist comments 🙏, amen.)

2. The Slender Man is presumably male based on its appearance, but technically doesn't have a confirmed gender.

3. The Slender Man seems to have been around for centuries.

4. The Slender Man seems to have been historically referenced despite being created in the early 2000s. For example, Brazilian cave paintings, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, German woodcuts, Romanian mythology, and English mythology (So, he's basically an alien?).

5. He's supposedly a paranormal figure.

6. The Slender Man mostly kidnaps children, it is unknown what it does to them, or its intentions (CHILD PREDATOR ALERT!!!!).

Also, since a few people commented about the "child predator alert" thing, it's just a joke since people don't exactly know what it does to the children it kidnaps. Also don't feel like deleting it since the comments won't make sense.

7. Even though he mainly kidnaps children, he "steals" teens and adults, too.

8. He can stretch his arms and tentacles out to inhuman lengths, and when they are stretched out, his victims are put into a trance where they can't run or fend for themselves.

9. For some reason, he also has his arms "politely" crossed behind his back (Getting ready to lure children with a wooden stake behind his back. You always gotta be prepared for when a child ends up being a vampire).

10. He's always seen in some type of forest or woods (Oh great, there's a woods near my humble abode), sometimes he can be seen a ways away from his victim, either in plains, fields, or a suburban area.

11. He is understood to be a malevolent force.

12. The Slender Man is immortal and ageless.

13. He seems to not care about standing in daylight, spotted, and being photographed (Slender Man, you damn attention seeking, narcissist).

14. In the EverymanHYBRIDS ARG, The Rake seems to be working with him.

15. He targets people who are at a certain level of understanding him (Welp, looks like I might be a target. MIGHT BE).

16. He rarely moves and only moves/teleports when his victim blinks or closes their eyes. Hence where the phrase, "DON'T BLINK" comes from.

17. In the ARGs, EverymanHYBRID and MLAndersen0, the term, "Slender Walking" (should've been Moon Walking) is used to describe The Slender Man's distortion/teleportation, space-time warping, and the usual, general teleportation.

18. He has two descriptions of his behaviour. The first being incredibly dangerous and malevolent, doing his usual impaling victims on trees, and ripping out organs. Both very usual, not unsual, hobbies for someone or something to have. The second description of him is, stalking his victims for long periods of time, when I say long periods of time, I mean long periods of times. I mean, he does this for about, I don't know, YEARS. While doing this, it is likely for him to watch his victims relinquish into paranoid madness. And again, very normal activities and hobbies for someone or something to have or do.

19. If angered, he teleports the aggressor to an unknown location.

20. He interacts strangely with electronic devices, turning its signals to static when he's close.

21. Traits accepted in both mythos and lore are, selective invisibility, the ability to change his height and body type, the ability to shape his arms into tentacles, and the ability to sprout tentacle-esque appendages from his shoulder and back to possibly use as additional arms and legs, or to instill fear into someone or something.

22. He became so popular that he got hid own movie (Slendy, look, you're a celebrity!).

23. The Enderman from Minecraft were heavily inspired by The Slender Man.

24. He appears, or has a familiar apperance to figures in the ARGs, DarkHarvest00, EverymanHYBRID (as HABIT), MLAndersen0, and TribeTwelve (as Observer). A familiar figure called, The Operator, appears in the web series, Marble Hornets, but they aren't the same thing.

25. The Gentlemen in the series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer share familiar apperances to The Slender Man.

26. As of now, there seem to have been no ways to defeat or get rid of Slender Man in the canon so far (Oh, shat, we're screwed big time!).

27. He is created by, Victor Surge (Eric Knudsen) on Something Awful Forums.

A/N

Mkay, I'm going to go hang up pages in the woods near my humble abode now to scare the crap out of people. Also, I used to have an acquaintance who wanted to be kidnapped by Slender Man and live with it, and no, they're not a fangirl... they're a fanboy. Also, here's a nice gif for y'all.

Also, can I just say something about the Slenderverse/Slenderman mythos series'/ARGS

I think every single person that is a human in these series' needs life insurance and/or health insurance.

I'm just saying...