Open Up

Chapter 22: Open Up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trey

"Soo you neva been outside of Texas or Atlanta? "

She chuckled for a moment, "Nope! Just a southern bell with big dreams. "

I stared into her eyes looking for her to bust out into giggles but she was serious.

"Damn boo ... imma take you to see the world do can you live out your dreams. Where you wanna go?"

The room filled with silence. She opened her mouth but there were no words.

"I always wanted to go to Paris! " I could see the glow on her eyes. "My da- ... I always said I was gonna go."

Her face was washed in pain. Ny never talked about her family.

She would only mention them in conversation but as far as I knew she didn't really have much of a family.

"You were gon go wit yah pops?" I asked gripping her body closer to mine. All she could do was shake her head.

I felt warm drops of water flow onto my t-shirt. I kissed her forehead running my hands through her hair.

"Tell me what's going on. "

"Im good." She replied sitting grabbing her phone attempting to get herself together.

"Ny if we gon be together you need to let me know what's wrong."

This girl was too mysterious sometimes and I ain't like that shit.

She knew everything about me and whatever she didn't know she could easily find out.

"Look I'm good, alright? Lets just drop it."

She walked over to the bathroom shutting the door behind her. I wasnt tryna argue with her but I need to know. I walked to the door attempting to go in. I could hear the shower running and her cries fill the room.

"Damn." Is all I could think.

Nyla

I didn't know why I couldn't express myself to him. Why I couldn't open up to this dude I was with. Trey made me want to tell him everything about me but I couldn't.

Who would want to be with an ex stripper? A girl who only knew her dad?

A girl who pushed people away to get to the top. A girl who mom didn't wanna deal with her child but had other kids with rich me. Who would really want her?

***Flashback***

"Look baby, mommy is leaving, okay?" Her long red nails gripped my small toddler face.

"You gon tell her why you leaving Naomi?" My father's stern voice looked towards her in disappointment.

"Its nun of her business Luke. I don't want YOU!" She yelled pushing me away tO finish packing.

"Mommy can I go with you?"

She looked down at me then towards my father, "Luke get your daughter."

"No! She wants to go 'mommy'!" He snapped.

"I don't have time for this."

She walked towards the door with a suitcase in each hand.

"So your really just gonna leave your family for some man?" My father stormed down the stairs.

"Luke I don't love you anymore. No offense but THIS isn't what I want. I want THAT."

She pointed towards a brand new black Lexus that made my father's blue pickup truck look less of value.

"Fine. Go!" He stepped out of the way allowing her to walk out.

I ran towards her. I didn't want my mother to leave. Every little girl needed a mother.

"Luke get her off of me! Do you know how much Charles paid for this dress?" She said pushing me away walking towards her new life.

***Flashback Over***

No I love you. No visits. No happy birthdays or holiday greetings. She could be dead and I would never know it but I don't care anymore.

The water fell on my whole entire body. All I could do was think.

Besides AirRen, Trey was the first person in a while that made me feel wanted. I needed to open up about my life but I honestly didn't know how.

Trey

'Must be nice

Having someone who understands the life you live

Must be nice

Having someone who's slow
to take and quick to give

Must be nice

Having someone who sticks around when the rough times get thick

Someone who's smile is bright enough to make the projects feel like a mansion

Must be nice'

The soothing music of Lyfe Jennings calmed me down.

I laid on the bed thinking about her and why she couldn't open up to me.

I wouldn't judge Ny cuz its shit I've told her about that I'd never tell anyone.

"Trey?" Her shaky voice called.

"What." I answered dryly

She moved towards me allowing her smooth honey skin to cuddle up against my back. She began to kiss my neck then along my spine.

"Sex ain't gon make me forget Ny."

She crawled over me to look into my face. A single tear rolled down her check, "Trey I want to but I can't."

"You can." I snapped. I couldn't help but to be angry.

"Your being an asshole to me and you want me to tell you about me? ... FUCK YOU! she yelled moving off the bed. I quickly grabbed her hand before she was completely off.

"Look Ny I want you to talk to me. Yea I'm mad but trust imma listen to you baby. "

She relaxed herself back into my grasp. "What do you want to know?"

I wanted to know everything about this girl's life. It was so much I told her because she was important I just wanted to feel the same importance.

"Whatever you want to tell me." I replied.

She talked about how the only family she knew was her mom and dad.

How her mom left her when she was 7 years old. How her dad was sick. This girl has been through a lot and she was so strong.

I held her as she cried about all the shit. I wanted to protect Nyla.

I never cared for anyone like I care about her.

She was special and she wasn't going no where.
______________________

N00NiEE💙💛