Caps, Gowns and Italy Bound

"I can't believe it's finally over and we actually did it". I said full of excitement as I sat on my suitcase while Keeley zipped it up.

"You know JJ, you was suppose to already be packed and ready to go". Keeley scolded me in her mommy voice.

"Seriously Keeley, have you ever known Jacey to be prepared?" Tory said with a hint of sarcasm.

That was us. We were three American girl's who was thrown together by fate our freshman year of college. I, Jacey Johnson or better known as JJ was from Ohio while Keeley was from Virginia and Tory from Oregon. All three of us just so happened to be tossed in the same dorm room at Boston College our freshman year. The rest is history.

The three of us instantly bonded over three thing's... food, fashion, and boy's. Soon we were known around campus as the trio. We were always coming up with ways or reasons to party while maintaining high grades. We were so much alike yet different.

Keeley was the mom friend of us three. She always reminded us of why we shouldn't do something, eat better and study, study, study. She kept our cramped dorm room clean and in order and made sure we had our work done on time. Sadly she never took time to date due to the pressures of school. Once Keeley and I spiked her juice just to loosen her up at a party. It was Ahhhh-mazing. Our normally quiet friend hopped on stage and stripped the mic from the dj's hand then preformed a killer version of We are the Champions. Well it sounded killer to our drunk ears. Needless to say she didn't speak to either of us for two week's after learning the truth, but it was well worth it to see her cut loose. Unlike Tory and I, Keeley will be starting law school in the fall. It's a good thing too because I'm sure our friend Tory will need a lot of law advice in the future.

Which leads to Tory. She's the wildest of us three. Tory is very athletic and one of the boy's but don't mis understand that. Tory is beautiful as well with shoulder length, wavy blondish hair. She is a avid volley ball player so she's well toned and in shape. She wears make-up and dresses cute but underneath she's a savage. She will challenge any guy to a arm wrestling match just to show off her strength and can drink most anyone under the table. She's also the loudest of the group and most outspoken. We refer to her as the bully of the trio. She's the first to pick a fight and protect us. Tory is like our own personal hitman, even though she would never kill anyone... I don't believe anyways. In the fall she will be off to search for a job in sport's medicine, which was her major. We tease her and say she only entered that profession so she can't hit on all the top athletes. Tory laughs and agrees as well.

Then there's me, Jacey Johnson or like I said earlier JJ. I would say I balance out the group. I'm sorta level headed yet I'm also the one at the party screaming out shots, shots, shots. I'm a huge tease and flirt and manage to hold on to a guy for a few week's until I grow bored. Then I give them the it's me not you speech. Honestly I have no plans on settling down anytime soon. My favorite t-shirt has YOLO printed in bold black letters if that's a indication to anything. I'm also the one who is first to accept any and all party invitations. I've been known to show up at an exam drunk and ace that bitch. Something I could've never done sober. I chatter to anyone and can talk for hour's. They claim I even talk in my sleep. So yes, I'm considered the personality of our little group. I make friend's easily and can be found most weekend night's in the center of the dance floor. In the fall I as well will began my official adulthood life. Upon returning I'll be staying with my parent's until I start my job at the local newspaper as an editor. Got to start somewhere right? But none of this matters right now. There's only one thing on our minds and that's Italy.

We made a decision our freshman year that upon graduating we would spend the summer in Italy before growing completely up. We all groveled at low paying part time job's to make this possible. This would be our last time together as the trio before we went our separate ways and embarked into our future's. This was our time and we was going to make it memorable.

After graduation we bid our parent's goodbye and raced to our dorm room to gather our belongings. We each shared a moment as we looked at the little room we had shared for the past four year's. It was sad knowing we would never see it again or be with each other after the summer. Saying a long goodbye to campus we raced to the airport to catch a redeye to Italy. Full of dreams and a lot of life to live.

Of course midway there the mom came out in Keeley and she stared thinking of all the thing's that could go wrong. As American girl's we are told to never travel outside of the country without a male companion for protection. You can easily be taken advantage of. "Remember no talking to stranger's or leaving with anyone at any time" Keeley preached.

"Relax Keeley. Remember why we planed this trip. I'm sure we will be okay". I tried to console her but it only seemed to rile her more.

"Y'all please listen to me.".

"Shut it off Keels". Tory groaned trying to sleep.

"Fine don't listen but don't say I didn't  tell you so when your being shipped off in a tin box to some third world country where you'll be sold off to whoever". She whined.

That grabbed Tory's attention and she sat up. We both shared a look and burst out into a fit of giggles. "Keeley honey". Tory began. "You've watched Taken entirely too much. No one is going to be shipped like a can of tuna anywhere".

"Well you never know". Keeley replied defensively. "Remember keep your pocketbooks close and never buy anything from the street vendor's.  It could be a set up for a robbery".

Giving a deep sigh I stuffed my earbuds into my ears to drown out all of Keeleys warnings. In moment's I was snoozeing.

Some time later I was shaken awake by Tory announcing we was getting ready to land. I immediately became anxious as all the horrid thing's Keeley said surfaced to my mind. Along with that was the thought of being in a foreign land and not knowing what to expect or how American's might be treated. Then I saw my first glimpse of Italy through the tiny plane window and remembered why we came. The beauty, the history, the food, the party's, and most importantly the men. Don't get me wrong, our American men are scrumptious but there's just that special something about a Italian man. The dark looks and olive skin and don't let me get started on their accent. It's almost like they are forbidden fruit and I'm hungry.

As we exited the plane we was in awe. Even Keeley seemed relaxed as we took in everything. Suddenly all the warnings went out the window as we laughed and spun around not believing we were actually here. We made it happen. As promised by the travel agency we dealt with a driver was waiting for us to take us to our flat we had rented for the summer.

Let's just say the brochure exaggerated on our living conditions. We were all suppose to have our own room but turns out that the third room was a pull away bed lodged into a closet size room with one window. Luck would have it that I lost the coin toss and ended up with it. Then the kitchen offered a mini fridge only and the living room only had one couch. To top it off the bathroom was so tiny there was no way you could get ready in there. But this wasn't going to dampen our mood. No, we got busy unpacking and making our summer home more homey.

It was nearly night when we finished and decided to call it a night. Jet lag and the time difference was catching up. Tomorrow we would explore our temporary home with a shiny, bright attitude!