#35: We Found Love

Leo:
Why do I feel like I'm having a bachelor's party??

Me:
Don't worry. I feel like I'm having my bachelorette party.

Leo:
Is our friends trying to tell us something? ;)

Me:
I do hope they're not expecting a wedding...

Me:
Because if they are. I'm blaming you.

Leo:
Moi??

Leo:
Whatever have I done??

Me:
You know very well what you've done.

Leo:
Do you not like the promise ring?

Me:
I love the promise ring. What I don't like is our friends acting as if we're getting married tomorrw.

Me:
What part of waiting till after college did they not get?

Leo:
Honestly, I think they just used us as an excuse to come to the carnival.

Leo:
Wanna blow this place?

Leo:
Let's meet at the carousel when you lose the girls.

Me:
See you there.

"Cotton candy?"

I turned around to find a stick of the aforementioned treat being shoved towards my face. I sputtered a bit before taking it out of Leo's hand with a mock glare.

"What took you so long?"

Leo shrugged with a grin. "The cotton candy line was long.

With a fond huff, I rolled my eyes before hooking my arm with his. "You can be so extra sometimes. Come on. You said something about blowing this place."

"I did!" Leo said as he started to lead us to where we parked, weaving our way past families, kids, and fellow college students. "You got a place in mind?"

I let out a thoughtful hum. "The beach!"

"Isn't it a bit cold for the beach?"

"If you plan on getting in the water," I snorted. "Besides," I continued, fiddling with the simple, thin silver band around my ring finger, "we hadn't really had a chance for peace and quiet after telling everyone about this."

Leo's hand came up wrap around my own, and when I looked up there was a soft smile on his face. "The beach it is."

"There they are!"

With a start, I looked over my shoulder and spotted Charlie along with Cello, Aubrey, Jeremy, and the Ragtag Boys all rushing through the crowd to get to us. Leo laced his finger through mine and with a mischievous grin on his face said, "Run!"

***

Holy crap. It's been forever guys!! I'm so sorry for not updating sooner, but I had a really huge writer's block and I have done over this chapter so many times it's not even funny!

Anyways, I'll try to update faster.

Good news though!! Next chapter will the last one for this story!! Yay!! I'm both excited and sad. It's been an adventure writing about Justine and Leo, and I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.

So I'll see y'all in the next chapter!

Love,
DG

* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.