~Four~

I had been in this pool for two weeks.

Pietro came everyday and stayed with me for a few hours, talking each time. I sort of felt like his living journal. I kept everything he told me locked away in my mind, well that and I couldn't tell anyone.

He hadn't come today though, which made me feel concerned because he was always here before the little stick on the circle pointed at two.

I flicked my tail around the water a little boredly, it was lonely in here. I swam in slow circles in the center of the pool, near the bottom, for what seemed like hours.

I heard the door slam closed, it echoed under the water. I looked up and saw the blurred image of Pietro, the water distorted his figure slightly. But I could tell it was him.

I swam to the surface and noted that he'd plopped himself at the edge of the pool, his foot dangling in the water.

He had never passed about three foot of my pool... he looked very frustrated though, like he needed to punch something.

I hoped it wasn't me he was planning on punching.

"They think you are going to try to kill me," he said flatly, looking angry that someone would even suggest that.

I swam over to the edge and folded my arms on the cement surface, laying my head on my arms. I looked at Pietro as he started to tell me what'd happened.

"Wanda told the team that I had been meeting you. She told me that they wanted to see me before I came to see you, I got there and they told me to stop. They said you would try to drown me because you have killed people before. You would never hurt me, they are just paranoid," his tone said he was very displeased about that conversation.

I lazily let my tail float in the water.

He sighed and laid on his back. After a few minutes of silence, "Are you hungry?" He asked, the mention of food caught my attention.

I looked over at him to see him putting a hand in his pocket.

He pulled out a small plastic wrapped package from it, offering it to me.

I tilted my head and looked at him confused.

He broke off a piece and put it in his mouth before handing me the bar as he ate the piece.

I imitated what he did, it tasted sweet. My eyes lit up.

He grinned at me, "You like it? It is a chocolate granola bar,".

I quickly ate the rest of it and looked at him, wanting more.