Fifteen: Obliviousness

[Name] was running towards the school gates. She tightened her grip on her bag's string, trying to get rid of the blush stuck on her face. Her body was warm; it seemed to be melting. Her heart was beating like mad - was it because of the run? No, it started pounding right when Oikawa...

When he pushed his lips against hers.

Right, what happened was unambiguous. They kissed. And even the fact that Oikawa did it for the annoying girls to believe in their relationship didn't change it. [Name] knew it was nothing to be excited about, and yet, she couldn't help but feel. Feel Oikawa's warm, wet lips sucking hers, his bony palm resting on her cheek which couldn't cool down. And this strange feeling clutching inside her chest.

How should she feel right now? Should she be angry? Should she be happy?

The only thing she felt for sure was shock.

And also... It didn't feel bad at all. Being close to Oikawa.

Suddenly, [Name] stopped running. She felt as if somebody poured a bucket of cold water on her head. The coldness of this wave spread through her body in the speed of light, just like a flash, appeared another thought.

She let Oikawa be close to her.

She let Oikawa in.

She opened up before him.

And what was the worst - she started trusting him. She started expecting from him. She looked for his help back on the balcony. She believed he would help her. She was sure he would help her. She expected him to help her.

[Name] loosened her grip on her bag's string. Her hand flopped back on her side, as she widened her eyes in fear.

Not again. I don't want to be hurt once again.

"[Name]!", some cheerful voice clashed through her head. Her body got stiff, her heart speeded up. She knew this voice. She loved it. She trusted it.

It was telling such beautiful lies.

Suddenly, [Name] felt a black, endless fog surrounding her. No, it wasn't a fog. It were the memories she wanted to erase. The memories she hid deep in her heart. The memories which created her current self. The memories which kept her from trusting others. From expecting from others. From being close with others.

She was falling into a dark abbyss of her memories, pushed by the bright voice she thought she knew.

Deeper, and deeper...

Drop.

[Name] woke up from the vision. She was shaking, her eyes were wet, a little drain of tears was sliding through her warm cheek.

Now she could see it clearly.

She was too oblivious. She always was. Her reasoning was becoming blurry when feelings were mixed with it, and that's why she was letting down her guard.

She wiped down the tears and took a deep breath before stepping forwards.

She wouldn't let Oikawa hurt her.

The practice finished, and Oikawa was slowly packing up. The team was silent at first, but soon the first person spoke up.

"Oikawa-san, was that your girlfriend?", Kindaichi asked shyly.

Oikawa shivered, feeling Iwaizumi's menacing glare being locked on him. He closed his locker and turned towards his kouhai with an articifial smile stuck on his face.

"Yes", he replied.

"Really?", Yahaba interjected. "I've never seen her before. Is she a first year?", he inquired.

"Yes, she's in the class 3", Oikawa answered, ignoring Hanamaki's and Matsukawa's amused faces.

"She's cute", Kunimi spoke up to his teammates' surprise.

"Just don't try stealing her from me", Oikawa hummed jokingly.

"I have no chance to win with you, Oikawa-san", the boy replied with indifference.

Iwaizumi seemed to be on the verge of enduring this chat.

"Hurry up, Shittykawa, I'm not going to wait for you for eternity!", he finally exploded, and Oikawa nearly jumped in shock.

Obediently, he lifted his bag and lumbered after pissed off Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan, don't be angry at me!", Oikawa whined to his friend's back as they left the changing room.

"Shut up", Iwaizumi replied. "What if she really falls for you?"

"I will reject her, I guess", Oikawa replied.

"Can you imagine how broken she will be?", his friend sighed.

"Well...", Oikawa wanted to say something, but Iwaizumi cut him off.

"There's no 'well'! You should end it as fast as possible. Before it's too late".