27 - SMASH

"HOW ARE YOU holding up?" he asked her softly.

"I've been better..." she admitted before biting her lip. The weight of Loki's revelation was killing her and it felt like she'd implode if she didn't tell him about it... but it was the worst possible time to have this kind of conversation.

Thankfully she didn't have to decide because they were soon interrupted by Steve, Natasha and Clint running up to them. Thor landed soon after and all seven Avengers found themselves assembled in the same place for the first time since the battle began.

Suddenly, a deep roar bellowed from above their heads, making all their eyes turn to the sky. A thousand more Chitauri soldiers flooded out of the portal, soon followed by two more Leviathans.

 A thousand more Chitauri soldiers flooded out of the portal, soon followed by two more Leviathans

"Guys..." Natasha began hesitantly; but she didn't have to finish her sentence. They all shared her feeling of dread.

Clint glanced back at Steve with a knowing look "Call it, Cap."

"Alright, listen up," he ordered, making everyone's attention turn to him "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment," he looked at Hawkeye "Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays."

"Got it."

"Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash."

Tony nodded and sent a small, knowing glance at Angie before clamping his helmet shut. She watched in apprehension as he grabbed Clint up to a nearby building and continued flying away.

Steve then turned to Thor "I need you to bottleneck the portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up."

Thor flew up almost instantly, leaving only Natasha, Hulk, Angie and Steve himself on the ground.

The Captain turned to the two women "The three of us, we stay on the ground, we keep the fighting here."

Finally, he looked at the giant green monster who stood a few meters away, awaiting instructions.

"And Hulk... smash."