copper skies

Lee had made up her mind.

She was going to crack Percy Weasley.

Not make him go crazy or turn him into some bad boy rebel.

Just a crack. A little something to help him relax and be a little less uptight.

He was like a ball of iron. Something you couldn't really crack. Iron balls weren't made to crack. However, Lee hoped that with enough will power and flirting, she could make a tiny line appear in the iron that was Percy Weasley.

So she talked to him in the halls. He always smiled the slightest bit when he saw her. He would quickly cover it up and revert back to the scolding, stone-like face the world knew. Usually Lee would pester him about classes and things, but would always leave him blushing.

He always seemed to blush harder when she complemented him.

So, she called him hot.

A lot.

Which wasn't a real complement (though it was true), but it was they fastest route to a red faced Percy.

Then, they were paired up as potions partners. They sat next to each other, which was the perfect opportunity for Lee to get Percy to blush more.

"Hey, Perce," she whispered, they were supposed to be quiet, "you doing anything tonight?"

"Why do I feel like this will only end badly?" He whispered back.

"Just answer me," she said a bit louder.

Both got back to work when they were sent a warning glare from Snape. Lee was surprised they weren't deducted points.

"I was planning on writing that Transfiguration essay," Percy answered after a few minutes.

"That's not due for three weeks," Lee whispered. "Wouldn't you rather spend your time with a pretty girl?"

"I'm afraid I don't know any, so I don't think that will be possible."

Lee drew back in shock, but relaxed when she saw the smile on Percy's face.

"You're a prick," she slapped him lightly on the arm.

"So I've heard," Percy went back to his potion, concentrating on brewing.

Lee did the same, deciding not to push her luck with Snape any further. The bell rang just after Lee poured her potion into a vial. She quickly scribbled her name and gathered her things. She nearly had to run to catch up with Percy, who had already left.

"Wha'd'ya say? Come hang out with me," she pulled at her sleeves nervously. Lee didn't do well with rejection.

"Only for an hour, no going past curfew," Percy said as they rounded a corner. He went up a staircase, going much faster than she could.

"Oh just leave me behind," she complained. "Actually, I don't mind, now I can look at your bum. Finally got that damn robe off."

Her comment caused the surrounding students to stare at her, including Percy himself. He had a bewildered look on his face and his ears were tinged red.

"What?" Lee asked. "If your going to run up the stairs, I'm going to enjoy the view."

Lee felt really embarassed by her own mouth. She could feel heat creep up onto her cheeks. The students went on their way, already forgetting about her outburst.

She went up the stairs so she was on Percy's level. They continued up, this time at a much more manageable pace.

"I think I like it better when you're the one who's blushing," he said in a low voice.