Chapter 21

Chapter 21

**New chapter, YAY!**

“What?” Kol looked extremely confused.

“I didn’t escape. I was let go.”

“This vampire, he took me into the town square and slaughtered everyone in front of me and then it told me ‘All this, this is your parents fault. They killed my mate and now I will kill them and their daughter. But you, you will not die easily. I will let you live, but you will have the blood of 300 people on your hands.’ For years afterwards I blamed myself for what happened. Until I met other vampires. They helped me, and taught me how to defend myself, which makes me feel better because if anything like that happens again, I have a fighting chance.”

“Ah, so that is why you’re so badass.”

I laughed.

“Do you know who that vampire was?”

“Katerina Petrova.”

“WHAT!?” Kol stood up angrily.

“You know her?”

“She is infamous in our world.”

“I have gotten that gist. I’ve been hunting her for around 3 years. That’s partially why I came here. Her doppelgänger and Salvatore’s in the one place? She’s bound to visit.”

“She already has, numerous times.”

“I know, but I just don’t know where she visited.”

“The Salvatore’s, according to Klaus.”

“Oh God, there goes my trust in Stefan.”

“Why?”

I put my head in my hands.

“I asked him to tell me if Katerina came near him. Obviously he still has emotional attachment to her. I should have known.”

“Well, I don’t think she’ll be returning anytime soon with my family around.”

“Yeah. That’s my problem.”

Kol smirked.

“What horrendously mischievous idea is forming in your head Kol?”

“I think we need to go on a road trip.”

The next few months was spent travelling around America, hot on the tail of the elusive Katerina Petrova. We were going in the general direction of where she was but it was nothing like the dedicated and diligent hunting I had done in the past. While our days would be filled with pretending to look for Katerina while conveniently going to the Statue of liberty, or walking across the San Francisco bridge, our nights would be filled with fancy dinners, fancy clothes and fancy waiters with fancy accents. Courtesy of Kol.

Over all, we were basically enjoying ourselves, no really caring about Katerina at all. I didn’t particularly mind, with all the enemies she has, one day she would be caught. One night we were in New York, strolling through Central Park in New York hand in hand, when Kol stopped and looked around.

“Get behind me, now.”

I did as he asked, pulling a wooden stake out if my boots I was wearing at the moment. We stood back to back, looking around us, staring into the darkness. Just as we started to relax, thinking it was a false alarm, I was grabbed and pinned up against a tree by my neck. The stake was knocked out of my hands. Kol made a lunge for my captor, but she, or he pressed down harder on my neck, causing me to splutter and gasp for breath.

“Let her go, Katerina.”

I could see her face, but I could tell she was smiling. I aimed a kick at her side, but she, again, pressed harder onto my neck. Spots floated in my vision.

“Kol!” I rasped out.

“It’ll be alright Beth.”

“She was meant to kill herself, you know. Not many people can stand the pain of 300 deaths on their consciousness. Besides, you and her following me around is rather annoying. You’re stopping me from enjoying myself.”

“Let her go and we’ll stop following you.”

“Hmmm… I don’t think so.” She turned to me. “I should’ve killed you when I had the chance. Well, now will do.”

“NO!”

Kol lunged for Katerina. Too late.

The last think I heard was the sound of my neck snapping.

**This isn’t the end! Do not fret! Vote and comment if you liked it! –Jade**