Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Rhett's POV

I was completely dead to the world, sleep lulling me so hard that I barely noticed when Katrina snuck out of the bed. 

I, however, did notice when she slapped the living daylights out of me, jolting me awake in a pure panic. 

Her curly hair that had been pulled up and away from her face, was now half in the tie band and half out. Her eyes were wide, and a small bruise of blue seemed to be on the side of her face. 

Her silk pajamas were torn slightly on their seems, and she was breathing exceptionally hard as she leered over top of me. The sweat on her forehead, only added for me to wake up as quickly as possible. 

"Rhett" she hissed, annoyance in her tone like she'd been screaming at me for a few minutes now. 

I blinked wearily up at her, trying to clear the sleep from my eyes, "what is it?" I tried to sit up, but her smooth hands quickly pushed against the tight thin fabric of my night shirt, pushing me back down onto my back. 

"Don't panic" she breathed out. 

I immediately started to panic, as I desperately tried to sit up and fight against her strong grip. "What?" I questioned her shocked as my vision cleared more and more, allowing me to see that a smudge of blood was also on her lips. 

Her eyes shot left and right, almost to make sure no one was around us, "would you shut up?" she hissed down at me, her eyes wild with a type of adrenaline. 

I leaned back, trying to relax, I let my own mind sweep against her own. Hoping I could get a peak into what was wrong. 

But her mind was a solid electric fence, immediately pushing me back into my own mind. 

How she had been able to build defenses around her mind so quickly would never not amaze me. It took people years and decades of hard meditating and focus to build a solid defense around their mind, from people like me. 

The worst type of person. 

Someone who slipped into the very essence of an individual and pried through all their secrets. 

I pushed that thought to the back of my mind, as I stared up at the wild beauty above me. Even under obvious distress, she still managed to be breath taking. 

"Ok. Ok. I'm relaxed. What's happening?" I asked her trying to show her I was calm, something she obviously was not. 

"I didn't mean to do it. It was like a reflex, you know? Like when you hear a fly and even if its no where near you, you swat" she rambled completely lost in thought as she looked through me not really seeing. 

I look at her adorable face in utter confusion, "so you swatted a fly?" 

"A swatted a rat". 

I could only blink up at her, before my eyes slowly slid past her and focused on the light emitting from the connected bathroom, a small bit of blood smeared on the marble floor. 

I slowly raised up, as Katrina continued to twitch with nerves, "I didn't know what else to do, where else to hide. I don't know how long until he gets here, and he'll probably snap her neck, which I want front row seats to, but who knows when he'll finally show up. Then with Raymond, he's bound to notice, theres no way he won't, especially once his little episode of the shits passes. What would he do to me? I only have 47% chance of survival here, everyone knows it" she rambled on and on, talking circles around me. 

I slow stood in front of her, gripping her arms tight, forcing her to look up at me in shock. 

"I'm only telling you, because I thought you might notice ... eventually" she quieted.