Epilogue

A snapshot is usually classified as an informal piece of photography. They can be used to capture just a good moment that you were having. No matter the informality of a snapshot, I much prefer them over the "perfect picture". Snapshots are an example that the photographer didn't actually care about the quality of the picture; they show that all the photographer cared about was capturing the exact moment.

I have tons of snapshots, which to me are perfect pictures. Whether I take the shot with a high-quality camera or even just a five dollar disposable camera, they all matter so much to me. Some of the ones I have I actually took with my cell phone. I didn't even take some of the ones that I have.

It's weird how much I learned just by looking at the quality of pictures I take. I realized that I like the snapshots better because I didn't care at the moment. I just wanted to remember that moment. I learned to stop focusing on making things perfect and focus on when they are. I think I incorporate that knowledge into my life every single day.

I mainly started to do it after Alexander came back from Ireland the first time. I had gotten the part in the movie, which kept me from going to see him. Although he called me every day like he promised, it didn't feel like enough and I was depressed for those four months. All I wanted was to see him. And when he did finally come back to Los Angeles, everything was perfect and almost like he never left.

We got married a few months after my eighteenth birthday. Many people would say it was too young to get married, but 17 was also young to be engaged. We didn't really care what other people thought; we were happy. We didn't have a very big wedding, either. Only the people that I really wanted there showed up. All of my friends and family, as well as Alexander's, came. Madeline was my maid of honor; Alexander's brother was his best man. It all seemed perfect. It was perfect.

After my big movie debuted, I had so many movie options. Alexander's career started to take off as well. This meant that we had to take more time away from each other, but we still saw each other as much as possible.

Everything was so perfect it was unbelievable. I had the career I dreamed of; I was married to the boy that I love so much. Everything was perfect.

The separations due to filming always seemed bad, but I would eventually learn to cope with it. Because, even though he wasn't there at the time, he would always be there. He would always be there to talk to, and he would always be there to say that he loved me every single day. He would always be with me whenever he could and it would never change. He always would say how much he loved me, every single day. And I would tell him how much I love him too, because I really, really do.

It's strange how much you can love someone. It's strange how much they can love you back. It's strange how the boy that I once associated with the word never can be associated with the word always.