Chapter 24: Blood Bag

The officer drove the car down the road, toward the police station as a million thoughts flew through my head. How did they know it was me? Do they have proof? Was it the unknown number, again? I couldn't know for sure.

"So," The officer said. "What'd you do?"

"I didn't do anything," I said.

The officer chuckled, "That's what they all say."

He looked at me in the front mirror, like I was some type of animal. "What'd you really do?"

I didn't respond, nor did I look back at him. "It's alright," He said. "Prison ain't all that bad."

I noticed something down the road. It was a figure. "Hey, there's someone in the middle of the road!"

"The he-" The officer was interrupted by the bullet that flew through his head.

His brains were now covering my face. The car swerved left and slammed into an oak tree on the side of the road. I groaned as a warm liquid dripped down my forehead. Blood.

"What the hell?" I yelled.

This time, the officer was the one who didn't respond. He laid back in his chair as I viewed the hole in his head. I looked out the window, viewing my surroundings. I could see a figure up top the road. They were wearing a coat. I couldn't see them clearly, due to my vision being impaired by the crash. My vision finally cleared, but this time, the figure was gone.

I reached into the front seat for the keys to the cuffs. It was no use. There was a cage-like barrier blocking the front seat of the car. I laid back in the seat, kicking the window repeatedly until it shattered.

I crawled out the window, cutting my sides. I hauled myself up and walked over to a nearby rock. I picked it up with the cuffs still on my wrists and tossed it with all I had in me at the window.

The window spliced across the officer's face. I reached in the window, and slowly grabbed the keys from his belt. I uncuffed myself, rubbing my red wrists. I reached into the officer's pocket, digging for something to help my situation. I found a wallet with 54 dollars, a picture of him and his kids, and a cell phone.

I walked up the hill, stood in the middle of the road, and observed my surroundings. I thought I was in the clear. I thought wrong. A paper bag swallowed my head as I was yanked back to the floor.

Kicks and Punches flew at my body as I spat blood. I struggled to breathe in the dark brown bag. I heard the sound of a knife emerge. The figure sliced my arm. I could barely see through the tiny holes in the bag, kicking as hard as I could.

I heard multiple footsteps, indicating it had to be more than one person attacking me. They were clearly showing me some type of mercy by not stabbing me, but the kicks and punches did not stop until I was on the floor, barely able to take the bag off my head. They turned me over with the bag still over my head, putting a knife to my throat. I could barely breathe, but I exhaled none the less.

I began to sob, "Who are you?"

"You know who this is."

I immediately recognized the voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/18

Thanks for reading Chapter Twenty-Four of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the twenty-fourth chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter 25 coming extremely soon!

Note: I truly apologize for the slow updates. It is unacceptable, and unfair to my supporters. I have made promises that I've broken countless times and will promise post new content more frequently.

But, the bright side is: I've recently invested money into purchasing several books on writing to improve my work, and have been reading them, as well as working on several other projects. I will have a new story coming up in the next few weeks, and will continue to post more chapters for this book as long I can.

Again, I apologize for the extremely short chapter (2 and a half pages) and will post again tomorrow [1/29/18] I PROMISE! And it will be a full-length chapter (10-12 pages.) Thanks to all my supporters who continue to support someone who only posts once every two months.

That shows that you guys are not only loyal fans, but care about the story. And that alone puts a smile on my face. I promise, I will post more frequently, and keep you guys updated.

Stay tuned for a full-length chapter tomorrow! I swear, I won't delay the release date. It's really coming tomorrow! Or today, depending on when you're reading this.

Chapter 25 Release Date CONFIRMED: (1/29/18)