Chapter eight

*Esther Pov*

"...What?" Even Lucifer ignored my gaze. "He's on Earth until he dies a natural human death." I sat there hearing him but not understanding. "What?" He's supposed to be here. I had a nightmare once and he told me that when we died it would be fine. He would be there. He said I wasn't going to be alone. "He hasn't died yet. Suicide doesn't count. He will be sentinced to a thousand years of life as a human that never seeps. He has to die a natural human death." This is not something he decided to tell me. "He said he would be ere en hell when I's got ere. He said, he said." I could even stop it when I started crying. "I's don't even know how I's died. I's just give birth. I's got a little girl. We's driven home lights and I's flying then I's here." Car crash. My seat belt was off. But we weren't moving. We had stopped. Was Rose okay. "You were in a car crash. You were the only one that died." Lucifer informed me finally looking at me. A couple people came over to me. Serpent came over to me and I jumped on him sucking the life out of him. Good thing we're technically dead. "Hey look on the bright side. Your little girl get's to grow up. Maybe they'll find their mate while they're up there. Sometimes lightning strikes twice and he'll be here before you know it. We got most the stuff down here that they got up there. It's not that bad." I slowly stopped crying and pulled away. "There's loads of stuff we can do while we wait. We can fight, we can race, we can play board games, we got basically everything." The little girl said pulling me to follow her out of the throne room and down some halls. "Yous fight?" She nodded her head excitedly. "Yeah sword fighting, hand to hand, you name it we got it." We entered a dojo sort of place and I immediately believed her. I was silent for a second. I turned to all of them since they had followed. "Jus couple years right."

*15 years latter*

I flipped Victorian roughly on her back placing the straining sword on her neck. "Fuck again? Why can't I win anymore?" She said getting up. I chuckled. "I's jus too good." She groaned before going to put her training sword away. "Yous give up now? We's jus start." She turned to me yawning. "It's nearly midnight Esther. Go to sleep." I sighed. "I's would if could." She rolled her eyes. "You don't even try." I glared at her. "Oh I's tried. Trust me, but I's no sleep. How can I's sleep in is room? In is bed? How can I's sleep when I's can't remember is face? I's can't remember is voice? I's can barely live. Don't expect to even be able to think sleeping till he gets is ass down here." I stormed out of the room ignoring her calls after me. I silently navigated the halls of the sleeping castle. I go to the one place I try to avoid the most. I am surrounded by so many musical instruments I don't even know what all of them are. I walked towards my instrument and picked it up holding it. I never play it. I haven't played it since I got down here. I remembered each and every sound it made and how to get it to make that sound. I just couldn't play. I sat there for hours before I finally stood up and walked to the center of the room. At first my voice was hesitant and my playing was slow but as soon as I got to the chorus the entire world fell away. I just cried sang danced and played. When it ended I was silent for a second and didn't move. But than I fell to my hands and knees sobs taking over my body. Why did this have to happen? Fifteen years three days and a morning. I've missed my child's life. I have a hole in my chest and each day it gets bigger and it's killing me. Someone suddenly picked me up bridal style. I could barely see that it was Lucifer. I felt him carrying me somewhere. I realized where and cried harder. "No not his room. Please no." He stopped and turned. "As you wish." He carried me to one of the extra rooms. It was a nice room. He set me in the bed and started to leave. I reached out grabbing his arm. He stopped turning back to me. "Yous think he still love me." He quickly kneeled by my bed pushing some hair out of my face. From what I've learned from him over the year is that he's a great dad and a great man. "Esther no. He could never stop loving you. He's probably in as much pain as you are." I nodded my head. "Can yous tell me a story about im?" It was the first time I asked him to do something like that but he didn't miss a beat. "Of course." I felt like the kid that always got told stories about princesses and knights in shining armor. My knight was just a demon prince.