21

"You know, Jax said he was after you too. Maybe if we're together all the time we're an easy target. We should probably split up."

I start walking away as fast as I can but am pulled backwards by my bag. My arms flap around to help me keep my balance and stand up straight again.

"Stop actin' like you don't love having me around." Alex puts his arm around me and we start walking down the corridor. I spot Wesley and Tyler ahead of us, and when he sees me we both smile.

I pull away from Alex again, about to go to Wes when Jace stands in front of me.

"Guess who's fuckin' kicked off the team."

"They kicked you off?" I ask in awe. "That's a little too far."

"Yeah, he only knocked a guy out, fucked up his jaw and put him in hospital," Alex states and Jace and I roll our eyes.

"Harris said I should be happy i'm not getting kicked outa school. Like, oh yeah i'm jumping for joy. I get to stay and learn equations that i'll forget about in ten minutes instead of doing something I actually enjoy."

"Harris is a prick."

"He's not that bad," Alex defends.

"Yeah, cause he likes you."

"He likes you too."

"Please, he's making me go to alcohol therapy."

"He wouldn't spend his time organising for you to go there unless he cared 'bout you."

"Why are you guys..." Jace gestures to Alex's arm around me. He clears his throat and takes his arm away.

"He knows about what happened on the pier."

"Wait, Jace knows?" Alex asks.

"Yes..."

"¿Por qué?"

Arms wrap around Alex's stomach, and we all look to see Amelia. Alex smiles when he sees her, hopefully forgetting about asking questions.

"Hey, baby," he says before giving her a long kiss. I cringe and look at Jace who's watching me with an amused smile, then take this opportunity to get away.

+++

"Let's... hang out," Wes says breathlessly between kisses. Things are getting heated in this corridor with people walking past and heading to the exit.

"I can't," I pull back and his lips move to my neck. "Alex won't leave me alone. I'm supposed to be waiting for him at the doors right now." I close my eyes and sigh with pleasure from the feeling of him sucking on my neck. It would be nice to be alone.

"Why?"

"Uh, he doesn't trust me... cause of... alcohol," I lie and meet my lips with his again.

His hands slip around to my back and slip lower, almost groping me when I hear the dreaded voice.

"This isn't the door."

I turn around slowly, only to see that Jace is also with Alex. Great.

"Definitely isn't the door," Jace agrees.

Wes slips his arm around me and rests his hand on my hip. Jace narrows his eyes.

"I'm goin' out with Wes-"