Chapter 10

Unedited.

Leaving the school restroom the last thing you'd expected to see was some kid being stuffed into a garbage bin like in a movie with a stereotypical yet nonrealistic bully.

"This is where trash goes, so it only makes sense that you're in there too." A boy seethes over him, the tense muscles of his back visible through his shirt as he did so. Staring at the brooding stranger you racked your brain trying to figure out why something as simple as a plain black shirt with black skinny jeans would seem so familiar. Who did you see in black today?

Spinning around he ran had through his hair before quickly pulling it away and looking at his hand in disgust. Then for some reason he suddenly looked up. His brown eyes connecting with yours instantly.

"Oh, y/n! It's so nice to see you!" Hoseok shot a dazzling smile in your direction, subtly dusting his hand off over his thigh.

"Hoseok? Did you just- why?" Your gazed lingered on the trash can currently emitting sounds of sniffling.

"Oh don't worry about that. It's just some dick who has a littering problem." Hoseok casually waves it off and gently pulls you in the opposite direction.

"You know, we should definitely hang out sometime. You're already friends with Yoongi, Jungkookie, Namjoon, and Jimin so why not me? I think it's our turn to bond now."

A frown stretched across your face. Since when were you friends with any of them? Yeah Jungkook was sweet, Namjoon was... well he's a strange one, Yoongi was just there, and Jimin is just a walking dildo but you weren't close with any of them like that, they were acquaintances at most. But because Hoseok was scary as shit you smile and nod just as so many others do.

"Yay! Oh my god the boys are going to be so jealous. Okay the sleep over is tomorrow at eight, since it's going to be Friday. You can bring your friend, Ami, too. Let me see your phone."

Hoseok swiped your phone from your pocket and called himself, ultimately getting your number. All the while you stood completely dumbfounded in the presence of the strange boy. The only thing running through your mind was the numerous rumors circulating around him. He's in the mafia, he's killed someone with a straw, the list goes on.

Hoseok slyly slid your phone into your back pocket, letting his hand wonder in your backside for just a moment.

"I'll see you later y/n." He flashed one last attractive smile your way before walking off.

"What if I'm busy?!" You called out, frustrated that couldn't have said anything sooner.

His shoulders did a small shrug. "You won't!"

That cocky bastard.

~•~•~•~

Releasing a sigh you toss your backpack to the side as you enter your bedroom. School has once again managed to suck the life out of you.

Flinging your drained body in your cozy bed, you were ready to sleep the rest of the day away. However, as soon as your body hit the bed a sharp pain ignited throughout your spine. Groaning, you reach your arm back, digging beneath the cluster of blankets you grasped the hard object in your hand.

You eyebrows knit together in confusion when you saw it was a large book over the afterlife. It was a gift your grandmother had given you years ago. It seemed interesting but you never felt like reading it so you left it in your book shelf.

Flipping through the pages, your thumb halts and pins a page down. Your Grandmother's elegant handwriting was spewed across, written in ink.

Remember your card readings. I love you.

Looking at the ceiling above, you searched your mind for the last card reading your Grandmother had given you.

Flashback 3 years ago

"Grandmother, do we really have to do this?" You groaned, yearning to go out with Ami.

"Oh calm down child, you do this nearly every year. You shouldn't go to that birthday party just because that boy will be there. Some fates are just not meant to intertwine."  She says knowingly, her eyes trained on the stack of cards in her hand.

Sighing, it was obvious that you and this boy weren't going to end up together so why waste your time. "Okay."

A look of satisfaction crossed your grandmothers face as she laid out her cards. You peaked over at your cards in curiosity as you see the various negative facial expressions crossing your Grandmother's face.

"Just as I thought, they're the same as last time." She sighed and shut her eyes. Flipping the last card over your Grandmother looked, expecting it to be the same but her mouth dropped in shock.

"What? This can't be right."

Perking up, you lean over to take a peak. After a considerable amount of self conflicting thoughts your grandmother frowns and look up at you.

"Well it looks like things have changed. Y/N, I need you to listen and listen carefully. You will be deceived and whether you fall for it or not will determine your fate. Don't be so close minded."

Looking up at the ceiling for a few more minutes before putting the book down and getting up with yet another sigh.

Your feet slowly pad across the hard wood floor as you go over to your Grandmother's room.

You listen quietly as your knuckles rasped against the wood of the door. "Grandmother?"

Slight shuffling was heard from the other side.

"Yes darling?" Her door creaks open and her head peaks out.

"Are you okay Grandma? You've been quiet lately."

"Oh yes, don't worry about me. I've just been tired lately." She wasn't lying. Her appearance was far from her average one. She looked drained.

"I get it. Did you go in my room earlier?"

She frowned in confusion.

"This was on my bed. You could always borrow it if you wanted, Grandma."

Her dark eyes scanned over the cover of the book I held out. "Oh yes! Sorry I didn't want to snoop around, I got to reading and I must've forgotten to put it up."

"It's okay, you get some rest Grandma, I'll see you at dinner." A smile plastered over your face as you gently handed over the book and walked away.

I called her Grandma. Three times.

Growing up with your Grandmother, the one thing that always ticked her off was being called something other than her name or 'Grandmother'. The reason wasn't exactly clear to yourself but it was something that defined  her well.

So, logically, there were only two assumptions. Either Grandmother is sick or that isn't your Grandmother.

So... those 'couple of days' turned into couple of months 😂😂 I'm sorry that's not even funny I'm such a shitty person.💀