Chapter 32

"So? How was your weekend?" 

Elizabeth jumped slightly, startled at the voice appearing behind her. "Paul... You scared me." She said letting out a breath. 

"I'm sorry dear, but I gotz to know." He smiled at her as they walked. 

"Well... It was quite nice actually." 

"Oh don't quite nice me woman, I want details." Elizabeth laughed and the two of them walked into the building. 

Elizabeth proceeded to tell him all about her weekend as they went into the elevator. "You've got to be kidding me? That's where it ended?" Paul exclaimed a little bit to loud. 

"Not really..." She said as they walked into the office. 

"Don't you taunt me woman!" 

Elizabeth laughed. "We kissed."

"You did what?!" 

"I kissed him."

Right at that moment, more people started walking into the office. A wide-eyed Paul stood there, lowering his voice, but his eyes were screaming entire novels at her. 

"I'll tell you about it later!" She said running of to her office. 

"You better!" Paul yelled after her shaking his head. 

From that moment all the way to her lunch break Elizabeth hadn't had one quiet moment. It seemed like almost every second a new client rolled in... 

It was one o'clock on the dot when Paul's head popped around the office door. "Elizbeth." He said in a sweet singsong voice, "You still have a story to tell me."  

Elizabeth turned around and laughed, "Alright, that I owe you."

She continued to tell him about the kiss when suddenly another head popped around the office door. "Elizabeth, there you are, I need to ask a favor of you."

She looked up to see Oscar standing in the doorway. "I accidentally made two appointments at the same time. One of them is an old client and another one is a new client. Could you please take the new one?"

"I uhh... I, Yeah. What time is the meeting?" She said a bit stunned. 

"Actually in half an hour... I'm sorry it's a lunch meeting, But he couldn't meet at any other time. and I-" 

But Elizabeth cut him off, "It's alright, go, just text me his name and where you were supposed to meet." 

"You're an angel!" Oscar yelled being him as he nearly ran off. 

"Well looks like I'm going to have to wait for that story..." Said Paul looking slightly annoyed. 

It wasn't long after that that Elizabeth found herself in one of the nicest restaurants in town. Once Oscar had texted her the address she recognized it immediately, Charly's, named after its famous chef cook. 

She sighed as the hostess took her to her table. Apparently, the reservation had been made by the P.A. of the Client, and she had specified that the table had to be at the window. 

So now here she sat, next to a large window waiting for the client to show up. It felt strange only knowing a name and nothing more, for she usually researched her clients, but apparently, Oscar hadn't done so. 

"Now you don't look like an Oscar Ramirez to me." A low voice said behind her. 

Quickly she looked behind her and saw a blond man wearing what appeared to be an Armani suit, smirking at her. 

"That's because I'm not an Oscar Ramirez." She said in a cool tone.

"Then who might you be?"

"Elizabeth, Elizabeth Waverton," She said shaking his hand, "And you must be Mr. Anderson."

"I must." He said not quite letting go of her hand. He held on to it for a second longer before moving to the other side of the table.

"May I?" He asked pointing at the chair, to which Elizabeth nodded. 

"So to what do I owe this pleasure, Ms. Waverton?"

"Well you requested to meet with Mr. Ramirez, he, however, is currently unavailable, so for the moment I'm filling in." 

She watched him carefully, as a surprised expression appeared on his face. 

"A personal assistant filling in for an architect?" He said raising his eyebrows. 

"Ex personal assistant, currently architect." 

"Ah right, that's true, talk of the town really. Little miss perfect finally leaving McGregor, everyone in town dying to have you work for them but none of them were so lucky." 

At that one of Elizabeth's brows rose. "I'm sorry Mr. Anderson, I was under the impression that we were here to talk about the building you want to have built, and not about my personal life."

"Getting straight to the point are we now?" He replied chuckling, "Alright, I need a new office building. But I want it to be a sight for sore eyes."

The next half an hour was spent discussing the details of the building and other such things. Elizabeth didn't even notice the person standing behind Mr. Anderson until he cleared his throat. 

She looked up and her eyes met with those of James.

"James." She said almost breathlessly.