Eyebrows

Gazzy ordered me sushi for dinner. He knows its the way to my heart. He ordered himself In-n-Out. Things were... a bit awkward at first. But every chance he got, he made me laugh. I was feeling like myself again for the first time.

We cleaned up the house together, blasting trap music.. screaming the lyrics, laughing at each other... fuck. This feels good.

We both showered (No, not together, not for Gazzy's lack of trying though. I told him that I was off limits to him, unless it was kissing, for the time being.) and got in bed. Our sheets were still warm from the dryer. He held me close. He was quietly rhyming to himself, some new stuff he said he was writing, while I scrolled through my phone. But then he started to flow into something familiar..

"Dirty south
Can y'all really feel me?"
East coast? Feel me
West coast? Feel me!"

"Boyyy. I been watchin you
like a hawk in the sky
that flies
and you were my prey..."

He grinned at me

"I missed hearing you sing ma."

"Oh, did you now?" I teased

"Mhmmm.." He kissed the top of my head before continuing

"Babygirl
I'm the man from the big VA
Won't you come play round my way?
And listen to what I gotta say.."

"Tim-ba-land
Don't you know I am the man?"

I looked up at his face, studying those thick caterpillars he has for brows.

"Gaz, when was the last time you got your eyebrows done?" I asked "They're starting to connect..."

He made a face

He made a face. His eyebrows grow like crazy, he usually has them done, but I guess he'd been slacking because of the tour.

"Uhh..maybe the last time you combed your hair." He joked, fluffing my unkempt curls "I'll get em done tomorrow."

I scrunched my nose up at him and he gave it a kiss before closing his eyes.

"Are you really about to go to sleep on me right now?" I asked

He nodded, keeping his eyes shut.

"... Why do you stay?" He asked sleepily "I don't deserve you..."

"How do you go from goofy to serious in 2 seconds like that?"

"Issa gift." He shrugged "Are you still my girl?"

"Yes, Gazzy. Just give me time, okay? You said you would a few hours ago. Don't get all impatient."

Gazzy's Point of View

Has it only been a few hours?
I wanna give her time because I know I fucked up, but I also just really want her back. I guess I should be thankful that I'm even getting this, she could easily be gone right now.

"If its any consolation, which it probably ain't, but I've been wanting to say this- you know I didn't fuck that girl, right?"

"...You didn't?"

I shook my head. She looked puzzled.

"...What did you like about that girl?" She asked, twirling one of my dreads around her finger

"Elle, I don't even remember her, I barely remember that night." I said "Which is why I feel even more stupid for doing it. No one I've ever seen even compares to you, so you can chill on that. Unless you find me another gorgeous girl with curly blonde hair and magical ass color-changey eyes."

She blushed.

"I'mma get some sleep, bebita."

"Fine. Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight... Mrs. Garcia."

She slapped my shoulder

"Stop that!"

_________________________

Elle's Point of View

I don't remember falling asleep, but when I woke up, Gazzy was nowhere to be found. At first I didn't think anything of it, as I was used to waking up alone, but then I remembered he came home yesterday... Had I dreamed the whole thing?

For some reason, my body went into panic mode... until I heard a groan coming from the bathroom.

"Babe?" I called

I got up and walked to the bathroom where I found him, head over the toilet bowl.

Withdrawals. No one said quitting pills was gonna be easy.

"Mmnn..." He groaned

"You want some water?" I asked

He managed to nod before throwing up.

I felt a bit of dejavu from when X found me a few weeks earlier... I still needed to thank him.

I brought him some water and got him back to bed. I dabbed his forehead with a damp washcloth. He looked up at me with a small smile.

"Hi bebita." He croaked

"Hi.."

"Thank you for takin care of me... I don't deserve it."

"Stop. Rest, okay?"

He nodded.
His phone started to ring a few seconds later.

"Can you get it?"

I grabbed it. Its his manager.

"Hellooo?"

"Elle? Wassgood!? Y'all okay now?"

"Hey Juan... Yeah, I guess thats one way to put it. Gazzy's asleep, whats up?"

"Thank God. He can stop bein all depressed and cancelling shit," Juan said, an obviously annoyed tinge to his voice "Remind him he's got a shoot on Saturday morning in Manhattan. He asked for 2 tickets, one for you I assume?"

Manhattan?
I glanced at Gazzy.

"Are we going to New York?" I whispered

He nodded

"Yeah..." I said "We'll be there."

"Dope. See you guys then."

I hung up.

"You're taking me to New York?" I asked

But he had already dozed back off...

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤😴😴😴😴