Part 3

Characters: reader, Kurt (Steve).

Summary: The moment he walked into your Wintery, small town, you knew there was something different about him. Little did you know that the man you began to fall for wasn't who he appeared to be. On an unexpected, snowy night, the truth comes out and everything changes. Can one night alter the course of your entire life? [Canon]

Warnings: Mentions of drinking, heated make-out session. ;)

Word Count: 2.1k

Song Inspiration: Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry & The Night We Met by Lord Huron

____________________________

 Previously:

A smile tugged at your lips while butterflies took flight in your stomach, attempting to hide your gleeful expression behind your coffee cup. You had a date with the man of your dreams. Finally!

Snowmobiling wouldn't be your first choice in dates these days and it had been a while, but you used to ride all the time in high school. It's not something you forget, right?

What could possibly go wrong?

___________

Saturday morning, you found yourself bundled in multiple layers while gassing up two snowmobiles borrowed from your father, with permission this time. It had been years since you had done this, but muscle memory all came back shortly. Kurt was familiar with the basics, having been around motorcycles, so after a few minutes of instruction, you were on your way.

The tracks were fresh and the weather was good, not too cold but with a little cloud cover which helped with the snow blindness. Soon you were both trying to out-do one another, attempting small jumps and racing playfully. A few hours in, however, your sled began to sputter and it eventually died halfway up the mountain. Kurt circled back and you both checked the motor in confusion.

"I filled them both up before we left and I thought they'd been serviced recently," you said with a frustrated sigh.

"Well, that's a lie," he replied, backtracking upon seeing your angry expression. "No! Not you, I mean...I know you filled up the tanks, but I don't think they've been serviced recently. Looks like you've been leaking gas since we left and now....empty," he shrugged.

"Damn it," you cursed as you tried to move around to keep warm. The temperature seemed to have dropped and you were cold from standing still so long. The effort of driving had kept you warm the past few hours but now you were stuck freezing your butt off.

Kurt thought it over with hands on his hips. "Well, I could siphon gas from the other sled but yours will keep leaking. We probably wouldn't have enough to get us both back, though. Might be best to leave yours here and head home. Come back for it later?" he proposed, stuffing gloved hands in his pockets.

You were annoyed by the whole situation, but knew he was right. "Okay. Let's go."

Kurt straddled the snowmobile and you slipped in behind him, wrapping your arms around his small waist. Feeling the warmth emanating from his muscular back as you held him close, you thought that maybe this wasn't so bad. The engine roared to life and he steered the sled back toward town. You had only been riding about five minutes before the snow began to fall, obstructing your view.

Another fifteen minutes later, Kurt slowed the snowmobile, letting the engine idle as he half-turned toward you to speak. "I can't see a damn thing. Do you have any idea where we are?" he asked as you loosened your grip on him.