13 | NORMAL TEEN THINGS |

for those who skipped the last chapter summary: edward and jasper save bella and rory. jasper is pissed and rory is able to calm him. from then, jasper and her leave port angeles together (he carries her & runs). rory opens up about her past and invites him to stay the night (nothing happens). she falls asleep in his arms.

RORY AWOKE TO the ticklish feeling of shapes being drawn on her exposed shoulder by cold fingers

RORY AWOKE TO the ticklish feeling of shapes being drawn on her exposed shoulder by cold fingers. She blinked, rubbing her eyes tiredly and removing any crustiness. She then looked up at Jasper, who peered down at her like she was the most beautiful person in the world, despite only just waking up. She wasn't even uncomfortable he was seeing her in this state, bleary eyed and bare faced with wild wavy hair.

"Hi." She peeped out.

Jasper smiled like an angel straight from heaven. "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

Rory narrowed her eyes at his playful reference to the movie that was the bane of her existence and the baseline of most jokes thrown at her expense. "I really hate that movie."

"Really?"

"No," Rory begrudgingly admitted. "Just all the nicknames."

"I'll stop then," he said immediately, his eyes sharp and telling.

She sighed, burrowing her face further into his chest if possible. "No, I don't actually mind when you do it." He was the only one who could get away with it. Her heart was racing and her face was flushed, but she wouldn't be anywhere else in the world.

"Hmm," he inhaled her scent deeply. The more he saturated himself with it, the less it burned his throat. Instead of desiring her pumping, sweet blood, he desired her. "How do you feel this morning?"

"Fine." Her answer was too plain and too practiced, a response more fit for a doctors office. Jasper supposed it was the same way she answered therapists after the accident.

"After last night?" he prompted instead, his eyes serious.

"Oh," she blinked, remembering Jasper wasn't any therapist, that he genuinely cared for her wellbeing. She supposed she should be honest with him at least. "I guess I feel better. I've never really opened up about that to anyone besides my mother and my old therapist. No one knows here."

He frowned sadly. "Not even Bella?"

She averted her gaze, her voice forcibly nonchalant. "It's not a topic to bring up in car rides or figuring out what you are or at any time at all really."

"I'm glad you told me though. I know sorry's don't help, but for what it's worth, I am," he said gently, his honey voice full of earnesty.

"I know. Thank you for staying. I don't think I would've been able to sleep as well as I did if you weren't here," she admitted truthfully. Rory rummaged through her thoughts, suddenly remembering things she filed away whilst spending the night wrapped around the vampire. "And I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable," she added with a crimson blush, adjusting her thigh that had been pulled over his waist.