from across the bar

Lee sat at the bar at the Leaky Cauldron.

There was still another week before she started her final year at Hogwarts.

She could barely believe that she was almost done.

It was actually kind of scary.

She had no idea what she was going to do. Two years ago she said she wanted to be an auror. That sounded cool at the time. She was excelling in the subject, and liked the idea of helping people.

But now it just seemed scary. She wasn't sure if that was actually the thing for her to do.

At this point she figured she would just go with it. Take the classes required. Maybe she would find something else during the year.

Lee was drawn from her thoughts by a sudden burst of noise.

A family had just entered.

A very big family.

That had very red hair.

One with curly red hair.

Percy.

Lee stood from her place at the bar. She walked over to the group with a smile on her face.

"Percy!" she shouted over the loud room.

"Lee?" The look of confusion that crossed Percy's face was absolutely adorable.

Percy smiled at her and walked over to meet her. They hugged each other tight, not really caring about the people around them. They just soaked in being around each other once again.

They pulled away.

"Merlin, I missed you so much," Percy sighed. "What are you doing at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"I missed you, too. I'm staying here til school starts back up," Lee explained. "Room 207," she added, winking.

Percy laughed.

"I missed how you smell, like cinnamon and smoke," he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"I missed your blush," Lee said.

"I'm not blushing now though."

"Not yet."

Percy just shook his head at her. He turned to face his family.

"Oh, um, Mum, Dad, this is Lee," he said, putting his arm around her.

"Hello," Lee gave a brief wave to the open mouthed parents.

Mrs. Weasley recovered first.

"Hello dear," she smiled and held took Lee into a tight hug, "We didn't know Percy had a girlfriend."

Lee laughed, "Percy's smart, but he can be kind of daft at times."

"She never asked," Percy grumbled.

Mrs Weasley turned to her son.

"You should have told me Percy!"

"Sorry Mum," Percy didn't really sound like he meant it, but Mrs. Weasley accepted the apology.

"It's alright, now she can celebrate with us!"

"What are you celebrating?" Lee asked, confused.

"Well, Percy's birthday, of course," Mrs Weasley stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Percy's eyes got wide as he realized his mistake. He backed away from his girlfriend slowly. He bit his lip, nervous about what Lee would say.

"You fucking prick!" She exclaimed. "Now I seem like a bad girlfriend because I didn't know it was your birthday!"