Brother

Chapter Thirty Six - Brother

I was nervously tapping my feet while looking at the tray infront of me. I messed up.

Either way, I had to go upstairs before Alec could wake up and realize that I wasn't there.

I went up to our room--previously just Alec's room--and lifted my hand to turn the knob right before the door swung open and he was standing infront of me.

"Where were you?"

My eyes grew wide.

His gaze darted down to the tray in my hands and then, he looked up once more only this time in surprise.

I grinned at him.

"Happy birthday, Alec."

He still looked a little taken aback when I leaned up and pecked his lips.

"How did you....?" He trailed off and looked down at the cake once more. "I never told you."

"Pfft I'm your wife," I rolled my eyes and walked inside the room, setting the tray down on the coffee table.

Looking back, I realized that he was still standing in the doorway. With a laugh, I walked back to him, took his hand in mine and brought him inside the room.

The cake could have been better.

"I wish the bakery or Martha didn't bail on me at the last moment. I suck at cooking or baking and I know it's a little deformed-"

"I love it," He smiled.

My heart melted at the sight and I lifted my hands to caress his cheeks. "That's so cute. But I wish you would say that after tasting it."

He let out a laugh.

I handed him the knife and he bent over to blow the candles.

"Make a wish."

"I already have what I wanted," He gave me a sly smile, making me blush.

As he blew the candles out and cut the cake, I sang him the birthday song.

I took a small piece of cake and lifted it up to his lips. "Is it tolerable?"

He chewed for a while before nodding. "It's good, actually."

"Yeah right," I let out a laugh.

He lifted a piece to my mouth.

"Mm. I can't believe I made this."

It was actually better than what I had expected.

Instead of licking the icing off my fingers, I rubbed it on his cheeks.

His eyes narrowed playfully as he advanced in my direction but I was quick in jumping away from his reach.

"I was about to lick it off your cheeks," I huffed while rounding the bed to get away from him.

His eyes lit up.

"But never mind now."

"What? Why not?" His jaw dropped.

"Because you're chasing me."

He halted in his tracks. "Not anymore."

With a laugh, I walked up to him but he was fast in pushing me on the bed and climbing on top of me. He quickly pinned my hands above my head.

"You fooled me," I gasped.

"Yeah I did. What are you gonna do about that?" He smirked.

He rubbed his cheek against mine and I felt the sticky icing on my skin.