She Can't Die!

Tears roll down my face as Monroe's eyes squeeze shut in pain.
This is all my fault.
"Silver Eyes? Is she okay?"
Wyatt asks and I hear his footsteps approach from behind.
"Get her to the car."
I order Asher who quickly picks her up careful not to touch her wound.
"Just hold on."
I hear him whisper under his breath as he races down the hall towards the exit.
"Silver Eyes?"
Wyatt asks and I clench my hands not having time to deal with this right now.
"I'm trusting you to take care of your people, I've got my own to worry about."
I state glancing back to meet his gaze. He must see something in my eyes because he nods in understanding.
"Good luck."
"You too."
I murmur before running off after Asher. The most important thing right now is to get Monroe help.
I frown when I see Asher trying to climb up the ladder while carrying Monroe. That isn't going to work. We need a way of hoisting her up without moving her to much.
"Here, let me go up first. I have an idea."
I state and Asher backs out of the way letting me climb up the ladder. I rush over to the large curtains covering the windows before yanking them down to the floor. I quickly tie one end of the curtain to the couch before handing the bundle down to Asher. He wraps her in the fabric of the curtain like a hammock.
"Ready."
He calls and I lift up the other end careful not to drop her.
"Hurry up."
I call signalling for him to climb up the ladder and take her before the fabric slips from my hands.
Asher grabs Monroe before cradling her close to his chest. I can see the worry and fear in his eyes and I'm sure I look the same.
Asher and I make our way through the building and outside without much problem.
I grab my phone before calling Luke.
Come on, pick up!
I climb into the drivers seat as Asher gets into the back with Monroe.
"Raya?"
Luke asks having finally answered the phone.
"Luke, I need you to get the doctors ready at the base."
I order as I speed off down the road.
"Who's hurt?"
My eyes water with tears as I take in a deep breath.
"Monroe's been shot, I want the best doctors on the spot by the time I get there."
I order running all the yellow lights and even a few red. People honk in frustration and anger not realizing that this is an emergency. Man, it's times like this when I wish I had a police car and sirens. Actually an ambulance would be better right about now.
"On it."
"Good, I'll be there soon."
I state before ending the call and radioing team B.
"Yes?"
"Blood Arrow is dead. I repeat, Blood Arrow is dead."
"Copy that, and your orders Silver Eyes?"
"Meet back at base."
"Understood."
I hang up the phone and glance in the review mirror to see Asher looking down at a pale faced Monroe.
"How's she doing?"
I ask fearing the answer.
"Not good, she's already lost a lot of blood."
My hands unconsciously clench on the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white as I press harder on the gas.
Monroe can't die.
She hasn't even lived her life yet.

"Luke! Put that down."
Monroe orders and I laugh as he runs around her with a can of stinky airspray.
"Gross!"
Monroe mumbles covering her nose as she waves the misty air away from her face.
"Luke!"
I yell holding out my hands for him to toss me the can. He does and I catch it in my hands before backing away from Monroe.
"Raya. Put the spray away, this house already stinks enough."
Monroe states referring to the scent of burnt food from the kitchen. Lets just say that Luke is no longer allowed to cook.
I laugh tossing the can of airspray into the trashcan only a few yards away.
"Raya."
Luke complains and Monroe quickly opens the windows to let in some fresh air.
"Luke."
I answer back as Monroe sends a slightly annoyed look to Luke.
"I can't believe you burnt the food."
She mutters crossing her arms over her chest.
"Hey, it's not burnt. It's called well done."
Luke states causing me to laugh.
Ha! That's funny. Luke can't cook to save his life.
Luke's phone suddenly rings causing us to stop talking as we let him answer.
"Yes? I'll be right there."
He says before hanging up.
His gaze instantly meets mine as he gives a slight nod signaling where he's going. He's heading back to base.
"I gotta go, I'll see ya later!"
He calls walking out the door leaving Monroe and I to clean up the burnt Italian food.
"Please, don't let him cook again."
I plead as we wash the dishes and throw away our trash.
"Don't worry, he's now banned from the kitchen."
"Good, you're a better cook anyway."
The two of us laugh as we finish up cleaning.
"You wanna know what we need to do over the summer?"
I ask hopping up onto the counter.
"What?"
She asks taking a sip of her bitter tasting tea.
"We need to go on vacation, just the three of us."
I state drinking my apple cider.
"That sounds fun, where to?"
"Hmm...Hawaii and Germany."
I suggest remembering that she's always wanted to go to Germany.
"Oh! And lets go scuba diving!"
"And sky diving."
I add causing her to smile.
"That'll be a fun vacation."
"Yep."
I agree glancing out the window to see the sun hanging high in the pale blue sky. The birds sing as the leaves rustle in the wind. It's a pretty day.