|•XXX•|

~Zodia's POV~

After discovering the ruins were less stable the further down we went, our footfalls became more light and steady. Daemons increased in numbers and an Iron Giant made a surprise appearance with a handful of friends after we fell when a bridge collapsed underneath our weight.

Once the daemons were defeated, we all gasped as we watched the bridge repair itself. It looked as if it had never even collapsed.

"We must be getting closer to Scorpio. The mana is now affecting everything. Keep an eye on your surroundings," I warn. They all heed my warning, keeping silent as we proceeded into the next room.

Another hour passed before we enter the deepest level of the ruins. "Ooh, spacious. There's sooo gonna be a big nasty here," Prompto said.

"Must be the creature your dear princess sensed earlier. The bigger they are, the harder they fall," Aranea said.

"And the more stubborn they are," I add.

As we reached the center of the chamber, the roar of a Quetzalcoatl broke through the silence. With our weapons at the ready, the beast descends from its perch, its eyes trained on us. I swiftly casted a fire spell and watched as the bright flames burned the monster's body. "Watch out for its lightning attacks."

"Will do," Noctis said before warping into battle.

"Guess I know who I'll be healing first," I mutter. Prompto must've heard me because he laughed as he fired a few rounds at the creature. I glanced at my bracelet and decided to call upon the first zodiac.

Aries didn't need to be given orders as he saw the threat right away

Aries didn't need to be given orders as he saw the threat right away. With his shield in one hand, he transforms his staff into a sword. The zodiac charges into battle and begins to assist Noctis, Ignis, and Aranea.

When the Quetzalcoatl was vulnerable, Prompto looked at me with pleading eyes. "Can I-"

"Have elemental bullets? Go crazy, Prom." I cast the spell, granting Prompto his wish. He used element after element as the bullets flew out of the barrel of his pistol. As I was preparing to cast an ice spell, my eyes were plastered to the scene before me. Ignis and Aries were working in tandem, using each other's movements as an advantage for their attacks. With their skilled timing and perfect synchronization, the Quetzalcoatl was weakened tremendously. Aranea brought her spear down with a sharp glint in her eye, the weapon piercing through the creature's tough skin. Her attack was the finishing blow, allowing us to finally rest.

"Thank you, Aries," I manage to say before the zodiac vanished. He nods and turns to Ignis, giving the royal advisor a deep bow. Ignis seemed a little confused at Aries' bow, but I gladly explained. "It's Aries' way of acknowledging your strength, Iggy. He also was thanking you. Aries isn't much of a talker."

"Hey! I found the ore!" Noctis shouts. I gazed towards my brother and my eye caught something in the distance. I walked past him and up the flight of stairs in the rear of the chamber. Taking the pendant from around my neck, I eased it into the indentation in the door. The door opened and I entered the zodiac ruins. The first thing I noticed-there was no orb of light. My mind was muddled at the discovery, but it was soon cleared when I heard a voice from within the central chamber. Reaching the room, I was greeted by a smiling Scorpio.