━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘃𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter sixteen: back to jakku█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter sixteen: back to jakku
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     THE SOUND OF HIS cell doors opening rouses Poe from his unconscious state

THE SOUND OF HIS cell doors opening rouses Poe from his unconscious state. Wordlessly, he lifts his slumped head and squints at the figure entering the room. When his eyes focus on the room's new occupant, he lets out an audible sigh of relief. It's just a stormtrooper; not the masked figure that had brutally assaulted his mind.

The trooper makes its way towards the guard standing a few feet away from Poe's shackled figure. "Ren wants the prisoner," the newcomer says, voice metallic and tinny inside of its helmet.

Poe inhales sharply at that, knowing that he's completely unprepared to handle whatever tortures might be thrown at him next. His head is still throbbing in pain and his body feels too weak to even hold itself up. He already took everything from me, Poe thinks miserably. What else could he want?

"I wasn't told to expect you," the other guard replies stiffly.

The trooper scoffs. "Do you want to be the one who dares to question Kylo Ren's orders?"

Immediately, the other trooper shakes their head rapidly. "No, no. I'll release him; I'll release him."

With trembling hands, the guard frees Poe from the shackles that had chained him down. The newcomer drags Poe from his spot in the interrogation chair, jamming their blaster into his side before marching him down the hallway. Each step makes Poe's head throb; still fuzzy and disoriented from his interrogation. All of the fight has gone out of him as he allows the trooper beside him to guide him down the corridors of the Star Destroyer.

"Turn here," they say roughly, nudging Poe with their blaster.

Stumbling slightly, Poe frowns and catches his balance as he takes in his surroundings. The trooper had brought them into a dimly lit hallway with no other people in it — not to Ren, like he said he was going to.

"Listen carefully," the trooper says in a low voice, speaking in quick, sharp syllables. "If you do exactly as I say, I can get you out of here."