Chapter Forty-Three

I'm pretty sure Jay was speeding. The speedo on the dash was - lucky for him - hidden from my view. Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw a camera flash as we sped past it. 

"Jay, my arse will still be here if we drive at the speed limit," I pointed out, making myself blush. 

"I don't care," was his simple brash response. "I want you now, not in an hour's time."

"An hour? It'll take that long to get there?"

Jay let out a frustrated sigh, hopefully with himself and not me...

"No, kitten, I was just making a point. Besides, you're too hot to leave for too long. The apartment we're going to is one of my favourites; I think you'll like it."

"If it's your favourite, why don't you live there?" I asked curiously. 

"Because I've just completely paid off my mortgage on the house. I'm not leaving it for an apartment. I like my house anyway. My pillows smell of you."

I blushed an embarrassed pink and peeked up at him. Oh, God, he was serious about that.

"They smell of me...? So?" I asked quietly, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. 

"I love them like that. I don't want to wash them. Of course, I could just keep you for a little bit, I suppose." His grin was wide but his eyes were... Disappointed, it looked like. Disappointed that I'd be hanging round?

"What if I wouldn't let you?" I challenged, a small smile on my own lips. My body was practically sideways in my seat just so I could look at him. I loved just looking at him, probably more than I should. He was absolutely stunning though.

"Oh, I have my ways," he teased softly, a certain lustful edge to his voice. 

I leaned over a little, subtly I hoped, to glance at the speedometer. He was doing the speed limit, like I'd asked. 

"How long will it take to get to the apartment?" I asked. 

"About ten minutes," he replied, chewing on his bottom lip. 

"Faster," I said simply. 

"Huh?" He looked over at me briefly with a bemused frown on his face. 

"Drive faster."

His frown instantly turned into a grin. 

"Yes, kitten," he said, and put his foot down. 

***

Walking into the apartment complex, I was too surprised to notice Jay's salacious smirk and the glint in his eye. The entrance hall was simply beautiful; marble flooring and a large painted mural on the wall. The relatively small glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling glittered wondrously in the bright but soft lights. 

"Jay, this is..." I trailed, unable to think of a good enough word to describe it. 

"It's beautiful, I know, whatever," he muttered quickly, leading me by the hand to the elevators. 

Once he'd pressed the button for the fourth floor out of seven and the doors were closing behind us, there was a soft thump and suddenly I was pressed against the wall of the elevator. 

"Jay!" I gasped out in surprise as I was slightly winded. 

His warm lips immediately attacked my jaw, kissing, sucking and nipping their way to my ear. My breathing picked up slightly and I wrapped my arms around his neck, a hand in his hair. 

"Jay..." I said softly, almost a moan. 

I glanced at the floor behind him. The bags of shopping were on the floor. So that's what the thump was.