24

"Alternatively, could we order a pizza?" he asked.

I growled, jumping onto the island.

"Vision, are you not letting me leave?" she asked carefully.

"It is a question of safety," he told her, fiddling with his fingers. He looked nervous.

"I can protect myself," she told him, walking around him.

He held his arm out to stop her, "Not yours," he told her.

I growled loudly.

"Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident.

I couldn't see Wanda's face, but I knew that hurt her.

"Until the Accords are on a more secure foundation," he tried to amend.

Wanda slowly moved her head to glare at him, "And what do you want?" she asked lowly.

"For people to see you, as I do," I sincerely doubt that will save your attempt at friendship, I thought as I reached and clawed his sweater.

She shrugged him off and went to her room.

Vision brushed me off his sweater, I darted after Wanda.

She curled up in a ball on her bed, I curled up on top of her.
.
.
.
A few hours later, an explosion sounded from outside.

Wanda ran to the window, I continued to sit on the bed, "What is it?" she asked as Vision phased through the floor.

"Stay here please," was all he said as he went through the wall.

I ran to the kitchen, she followed.

She went to look through the window for a better view of what was going on.

I turned as I heard light footsteps, she did the same. Except she used her magic to grab a knife and fling at the intruders head.

It was Clint. "Guess I shoulda knocked," was all Clint said as he used his finger to move the knife away from his face.

"Oh my God, what are you doing here?" she asked as she walked towards him.

"Disappointing my kids," he told her as he grabbed an arrow and walked past her.

He fired two arrows into the wall and counter, "Supposed to go water skiing," he told her as he grabbed her hand. "Cap needs our help, come on," he told her.

She started walking with him, I followed.

I was quite pleased with this arrangement. Vision wasn't.

"Clint!" he called as he phased back inside.