19

L I L Y

L I L Y

I finish grabbing the books I need and close my locker.

"Are you sure you're alright Lily?" Mason asks for the hundredth time today.

"Yes Mason, I promise." I send him a small smile. "I'm just nervous for the-"

"-the math test, yeah, I know." He interrupts me and shrugs. "I just don't believe you."

I frown. "Why don't you believe me?"

He grabs my hand and laces our fingers together.
"Because, i've seen you before a math test and you've never been this anxious." He looks at me accusingly as we walk towards our class.

I shake my head. "Fine, don't believe me." I remove my hand from his, or at least try to.

He just tightens his grip so I can't let go, but not tight enough to where it's painful.

Mason stops walking to look down at me. He turns me to face him and grips my chin. I see that his eyebrows are furrowed. "Hey, i'm only asking because i'm worried. I'm not trying to be nosy, i'm trying to help. Don't give me attitude for caring." He doesn't let me look away as he speaks to me sternly.

I bring my hand up and remove his that's still gripping my chin. "You don't need to worry about me all the time. I'm fine Masey, I promise."

He sighs unsurely. "Okay, just...please tell me whenever there's something going on that's bothering you."

I nod and send him a small smile. "I will."

~

"Are you ready to party for real this time?" Carter asks, as she enters my house.

I giggle at her excitement. "Yes, but i'm also very nervous."

She sends me her signature smirk. "Don't worry girl, I'll be right next to you the whole time, remember?"

I allow her to lead me upstairs to do my hair and make up. She also chooses my outfit. Carter actually has really good taste in clothes.

We made a deal. My makeup could be natural but she got to choose any dress she wanted. The one she picked isn't too bad, I only feel a little bit uncomfortable.