Prologue

Prologue

A bunch of cops sat outside of a bank, their weapons aimed at the door just incase the suspect decided to show himself, while a S.W.A.T. team sat on the roofs above trying to get a sighting of the hostages. A crowd of reporters stood watching as their camera men stood waiting with their cameras aimed toward the bank. All were silent, as they waited for something to happen, and then in an instant, the doors of the bank opened and all stared in wonder as people began to pour out. Seeing that it was clear, the police ran into the building in search of the robber but there was no sign of them. They questioned the hostages, but found no answers, it was as if they had just vanished without taking anything; the vault hadn't even been touched.

" This is the third time this week." The chief of police said in outrage after seeing nothing on the video cameras either. " How do they keep slipping passed us with out being seen."

" Perhaps I might have an answer for you." A voice said and he turned to find a man in black wearing an eye patch. " Who are you?"

" Just a random concerned civilian." He said

" What do you know?"

" I don't think you'll like the answer to that question." He said and the chief frowned."  What interest do you have in a criminal?"

Main Character's POV

" Aria, hurry up." My boss, Joe yelled at me from the main area of the diner." We have customers."

I let out a sigh as I carefully flipped the eggs before they burned, while also keeping my eye on the clock on the wall above me. 'Half an hour to go.' I thought as I slid the eggs on to a plate piled high with flapjacks, bacon and sausage. " About time." Joe said and my eyes narrowed before grabbed the next order and got to work, but as I turned I heard a crash and smirked knowing that Joe had just tripped on his own two feet which had been tied together by his shoelaces; the cry an outraged customer soon followed.

When my shift was over, I threw my apron on the hook by the door and went to grab my stuff from under the counter before heading outside. I only lived a few blocks from the diner, which was directly across the street from the school; my parents said it was ironic, while I said that they simply did that to me on purpose when dad told me that Joe was in need of a cook at the diner.

My parents had always been protective of me; the only reason they didn't homeschool me was because they said we needed the money, didn't have time for it. My mom was the science teacher at the same school I went to, while my dad was the chief of police; neither of them were ever home so I pretty much did my own thing most off the time. My life was pretty normal.

Minus the fact that a few years ago something strange had started to happen to me; something unnatural.

I was halfway across the street, when I turned to find a semi a foot away from me; the world around me shifted and I let out a cry when I suddenly dropped out of thin air and landed face first on my bed.

Nope, not normal at all