1. Pilot

It was the start of the new school year again. This was obvious as all of the children hustled into the gray building, talking to their friends about their summer and looking at their schedules to see if they matched.

One girl casually walked into the school after everyone else. Her dark brown curls bouncing slightly as she walked, with one hand on her messenger bag keeping it on her shoulder and in the other hand a piece of toast that she had not had time to eat for breakfast. She soon found a trashcan and dumped the toast into it, with a tired huff, not feeling hungry anymore. 

She sighed again and turned the corner to where her locker was. Remembering her locker combination she opened it and it was still the same as last year. It still had the pictures of her friends hanging up, some random artwork she had done and a small poster of her favorite band.

She looked back at the photos. She loved them to pieces, even if she hardly ever showed it. Just as she was thinking of them she saw them standing by there lockers. Walking over casually she smiled, but inside she was beaming with happiness to see them again. The reason being that she was away for the last two weeks of summer visiting family in Pennsylvania even though she really could not stand them. 

There were two younger boys named Peter and Jack who spent the entire time annoying her, mainly by pulling her hair or trying to ride her like a pony which she did not like at all, but tolerated. Then there was smart Amy who would always talk about science and had this annoyingly high pitched laugh, and of course Emma. Bitchy little fifteen year old who spent her time trying to desperately ruin her day for the past two weeks. 

What really set her summer downhill was when she saw her boyfriend Tyler Lockwood kissing Vicki Donovan. The betrayal she felt, felt like it was beyond repair. You'd think that a year long relationship with someone that you trust would not end so abruptly, but it did. They broke up and she had not spoken to him since.

Her friend Elena with the pin straight chocolate brown hair saw her first and immediately a smile spread across her face. Bonnie, her friend who had dark curly hair and mocha skin turned around, curious as to what her friend was staring at and just like the other girl a smile spread across her face as well.

"Allison Carter, who would've thought that you  would appear on the first day of school," said Elena. "Well, Elena Gilbert," she said, copying the use of full names, while waving her hand in a dismissive manner. "Today is opposite day, didn't you know?" Allison said jokingly. 

Elena laughed, she knew how Allison was. She would pull pranks or just ditch all together. She even damaged school property once, but that was totally by accident. Bonnie laughed and rather than saying hello she flung her arms around Allison's small body and Allison, as usual, went stiff and awkwardly put one arm around her.

"Ugh, it's nice to see you too Bonnie, but um, could you please let me go?" Allison said in a strained voice. She was not one for hugs. Bonnie laughed and reluctantly let go of her. She had missed her dearly even though she had only been gone for two weeks, and they had spent the entire summer together, mainly comforting Elena after the tragic loss of her parents in that horrible car crash on Wickery Bridge.

Elena smiled at her two best friends, especially Allison. She had been there from the very beginning, mainly because she had made friends with her before Bonnie Bennett and her other friend Caroline Forbes. It also had to do with the fact that they were both founding family members and the fact that Allison had stolen her turkey sandwich on Founders Day.

She was the first person who was there in the hospital, apart from Jeremy, and her aunt Jenna. Elena knew that Allison was not one who gave her emotions away easily, which was understandable considering what she had been through. Elena shuttered at the thought and pushed it to the back of her mind. "You okay?" Allison asked, her brow furrowing slightly as her perfect, straight eyebrows knitted together in worry.