13: Gerard's First Hookup

When Gerard got home it was nearly dark and he knew his family were not going to be impressed, but luckily for Gerard, Frank was with him, and he hoped that his mother would go easier on him in that case. If Frank was there, surely his mother wouldn't go off at him, wanting to make a good first impression with Frank since they had never been introduced.

Gerard dug into his coat pocket, searching for his key to get inside, Frank wringing his hands quietly, letting out humoured breaths when Gerard would curse or get annoyed when it wasn't in that pocket and he'd have to check another.

Eventually, after two minutes of searching he found it in his back pack, putting the key in the lock and turning, opening the door and making his way inside, Frank following in behind him.

The sounds of knives and forks scraping against plates and occasional chatter of his family could be hearing in the next room, and Gerard suddenly felt offended that they'd all begun eating without him- although he was half an hour later than expected so he wasn't entirely surprised.

He noticed Frank looking around the room, staring at one specific piece of art the Way's had displayed on their walls, one Gerard quite liked as that was his first actual good painting that he'd done.

The painting was an abstract portrait of Gerard's brother, Mikey, at four years old holding a dog they used to have when they were little kids. He remembered searching everywhere for that picture just so he could paint it.

"I was twelve when I painted that," Gerard mentioned quietly, coming up slowly behind Frank to stare at the painting, Frank looking at his in surprise. "I had done it at school, when I brought it home my parents immediately hung it up, they always keep it safe so when we move they hang it up again, it's the painting they're most proud of."

Frank nodded silently, and Gerard hoped he liked it too. He assumed so by the way his eyes seemed to be immediately drawn to it when he entered the house for the first time, and the way he was smiling fondly at it. Gerard felt a sense of achievement and pride in the fact that Frank liked his art.

"Gerard," they two boys spun around quickly, discovering the voice belonged to Gerard's mother, their eyes wide at the sudden shock. Gerard felt like he was about to be yelled at, before he saw his mother's face softening, "who's this?" She asked softly.

"I'm Frank," Frank answered, smiling a little, now standing noticeably more awkward than he was a few seconds ago, "I'm one of Gerard's friends."

Gerard felt a jump in his chest at the word 'friend', unknowingly why, but he hid his smile by looking down, playing it off as nervousness, holding his hands together and fidgeting.

"More like Gerard's only friend," they heard Mikey say from the dining room, Gerard now feeling embarrassed by his brother. But Frank paid no attention to it other than laughing when Donna yelled at Mikey to 'stop being a dick'.

"Well, It's lovely to meet you Frank," Donna smiled, "come on in, we made extras." She walked away before Frank could protest, and the two boys looked at eachother before shrugging and going in to the dining room.

Mrs. Way had set up an extra plate and cutlery beside where Gerard usually sat for Frank, and the two took their places at the table, awkwardly looking down at their empty plates.

"Mum?" Gerard asked, looking up at his mother who had begun eating again, "Frank's a vegetarian."

"That potato bake is completely meat free, Frank," she smiled, "hope you like potatoes."

Frank nodded, thanking her quietly, before helping himself nervously, Gerard placing a gentle hand on his back, rubbing gently in order to make him feel calmer out of instinct. He went to withdraw his hand when he saw Frank smiling at him softly.

After eating, Gerard made a move to get up to take Frank up to his room so he could call his parents, but Donna had other intentions in mind, involving awkward conversation across the dinner table.

"So, Frank," Donna started, "how do you know Gerard?"

"We met at school," he started. "He was kissing my girlfriend and I punched him across the face, we're good now though," Frank finished, grinning at Gerard who rolled his eyes, Donna shocked as to what she was supposed to say. Frank noticed the sudden change of atmosphere, even Donald had stopped eating in shock, so he attempted to clear the air. "I was only joking Mrs. Way, we met through english, we were partners on an in class project."

Gerard nodded, going along with the lie, and the Way parents just laughed it off nervously. Mikey was on his phone not paying any attention to the conversation at all, Gerard was sure, well at least he thought that.

"They actually met on tinder," Mikey said, not looking up from his phone, "Gerard's first hookup-"

"Mikey Way, go to your room," Donald Way said, annoyed at his sons behaviour, watching as he stood up to go upstairs.

"Thank you," Mikey said, leaving the table, obviously thankful he didn't have to be around his family any longer, going to his room most likely to sext Pete or whatever Mikey Way did, Gerard could only guess.

The atmosphere had gotten very tense and awkward, Frank was blushing like mad and Gerard could only imagine how red his face was, the two of them exchanging awkward looks.

"Well this is a mess, Frank honey, do you need a ride home?" Donna asked, and Frank shook his head.

"No, my mum will be fine to pick me up," he said and she nodded.

The two boys went up to Gerard's room, Frank smiling and instantly jumping on Gerard's bed looking around as if it was his first time in this room, before he got his phone to text his mum, who responded almost immediately saying she'd be there soon.

"So," Frank said, grinning at Gerard who was sitting awkwardly beside Frank. "I was your first hookup, huh?"

Gerard blushed, shaking his head and giggling, muttering to Frank to shut up, looking up at his only friend, not counting Mikey, he was his brother afterall, it would be kind of sad to count him as a friend.

Frank laughed, smiling at Gerard, before suddenly their eyes were locked, and Gerard felt his heart beat quicken as he really looked at Frank, his eyes were almost glowing and he felt himself moving closer.

Soon both of their eyes were closed, and Gerard felt Frank's soft breath near his lips, he was almost there, they were about to-

The sound of a horn made the two boys jump apart suddenly, Frank getting off the bed and looking out Gerard's window, noticing his mother was out front, sighing sadly to himself.

"My mums here, I gotta go," Frank said, "bye Gerard."

"Bye," Gerard said, waving awkwardly to Frank who left the room and shut the door behind him, leaving Gerard to stand there, feeling sad over their almost-kiss, wishing it had actually happened.

Suddenly, his door flew open and there were arms wrapped around him and lips on his and he kissed back instantly, they kissed until the sound of the car horn aounded again, causing them to jump once more.

Frank smiled up at him, kissing him once more, softly, before leading again and Gerard felt content.

-

So, it's almost been a year.. literally the last chapter came on the second of March 2017. Its been like 11 months. I'm so sorry but really we should have all expected this from me.

But here you guys go, enjoy this. Reread everything to catch up if needed, you have time, trust me, I'm doubtful this is going to be updated anytime soon again.

Fun fact, this is the third version of this chapter that I've done, the first two were actually completely different and I wasn't sure how to work with them so I got an idea for this chapter and rolled with it and wrote it in an hour? Or so? Idk.

Anyway, I hope you liked this. (((love))). Goodnight!