Chapter 18: Battle for the Eye (2)

"Surrender what you stole, old man, and face the consequence of going against the Feng clan. If you do so, we promise not to give you a hard time." Moxie said with a mocking grin on his face, appearing very much like how a villain would.

"Like I would surrender to you Feng bastards!" The man shouted, pulling out a thin blade from his waist and pointing it towards Moxie in a threatening manner. "You leave me no choice! Release Xianliang at once or face the fury of my Thousand Slash Blades!"

"Haha! Old man, are you sure you're not delusional? What makes you think that you can threaten us? You're heavily outnumbered! Just give up!" Moxie ruthlessly mocked, making the man grip his blade tightly, his body shaking with rage.

"I will never surrender to evildoers!!! Ahhh!!!" With a loud war cry, the man recklessly charged towards Moxie with his blade raised up high, releasing a blue glow that seemed harmless but was actually very lethal. "Thousand Slashes!!!"

Clang!

Unexpectedly, the formidable blade skill that seemed impossible to dodge from was intercepted by a shadow like person wielding a longsword. "I'm sorry to interrupt but, I cannot let you harm this child."

"Oh? Interesting." The man said, pulling back his blade and unleashed countless slashes towards the shadow guard in which most were successfully intercepted while the others that broke past the shadow guard's defenses left numerous shallow and deep gashes, showing that their skills were not on par. "But, unfortunately, you are not my match." The man said in a deep voice as he unleashed a slippery blade skill that managed to completely ignore the shadow guard's defenses and left a long wound on her abdomen, leaving the shadow guard unable to continue fighting.

"Lin!" "Mom!" Two shocked voices overlapped and simultaneously called out in shock towards the wounded shadow guard.

"Oh. So this is your mother." The man said nonchalantly. "I send you my deep regrets but, this is just your retribution. Now, release the child or another one might have to follow her path."

"You dare hurt Lin! I will kill you!!!" Seeing his wife on the verge of dying, her blood continuously seeping out of her body, the second shadow rushed out with his sword drawn and yelling in a bloodthirsty, crazed manner. "Argh!!!"

"Hey hey hey! Don't start blaming me now. None of this would have happened if you never tried to confront me." The old man said, acting as if he was completely free of sins which just served to further infuriate the man and Moxie.

"Dad! Stop! That guy's too strong!" Still managing to maintain a cool head in this situation, Moxie tried to warn the second shadow but, unfortunately, his words seemed to fall on deaf ears as the shadow guard acted as if he heard nothing, proceeding to attack the man crazily.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you!! I'll kill you!!!"

While the second shadow guard attacked crazily, the man just dodged all of his attacks in a relaxed manner, his facial expressions were as if he was just taking a walk in the park, completely at ease. "Hohoho! Is that all you've got?"

"Argh!!! Die!!!" The second shadow guard was starting to grow desperate as he was unable to land any hits to the man no matter what technique or skill he used while his body was continuously being wounded in various ways by the man's mysterious blade techniques. "Ahhh!!!"

Leisurely waving his blade around and employing tricky attack patterns, the man continued to toy with the second shadow guard, deeming him unworthy of using his powerful blade skills to, leading the shadow guard by the nose.

"So weak! So weak! Is this the strength of the Feng clan?! If so, I am really disappointed." The man taunted, increasing the speed of his attacks, leaving the shadow guard exhausted and unable to keep up, being stabbed and pierced by the wildly flashing blade. "The Feng clan isn't worthy of the divine treasure after all!"