CHAPTER THREE

MADMAX

~

I stood behind a car with Dustin and Lucas, both of them spying on my new found friend, Max. "Still no sign?" My brother asked.

"Jack shit." Lucas replied, holding the binoculars to his face.

I looked down at my watch and nudged Dustin "shit, moms gonna murder us." I said showing him the time on the watch.

"So go home, I'll radio if she comes." Lucas responded.

I nodded and went to walk away before my brother spoke "oh, yeah, nice try. You just want me out of here so you can make your move."

"Wait?" I spoke "you both like Max?"

Both boys ignored me as Lucas spoke "oh, 'cause you're such a threat."

"That's right." My brother responded "she will not be able to resist these pearls." He spoke before doing a little 'Grrr' sound, which was adorable.

I turned my head and saw the familiar blue car drive into the parking lot "guys, Max has arrived."

Lucas turned his head and placed the binoculars up to his face again, by the sound of it Max and her brother were arguing. "They're arguing. They're arguing." Lucas spoke. "Oh, my god."

"Eliza and I see that, I dot even know why you need those." Dustin replied.

"So he can admire her up close without actually being close to her." I spoke up "he's just stupid."

Max slammed the door closed and stuck her middle finger up at the car, obviously for her brother to see. "That's my friend." I wiped a fake tear from my eyes.

I followed my brother and Lucas into the arcade, they both casually stalked the redhead while I munched on a bag of crisps I brought. "She's incredible." Lucas stated.

"She's.."

"Mad Max." They both said in union.

"You're both so whipped." I laughed, standing up to walk over to the redhead, might as well hang out with her instead of hearing my brother and Lucas swoon over her.
.
.
.
I lay on the couch, watching some weird show that our mom left on, she was asleep in her chair, with Mews on her lap, also fast asleep.

I heard Dustin yell or the cat from outside, I furrowed my brows and sat up straight, what was he telling that for?

I stood up and made my way to the front door and opened it "What are you doing." I questioned.

"I thought I heard Mews." Dustin replied, still staring at the away from me.

"He's asleep, just come inside." I spoke, walking into house again, this time walking to my room and closing the door behind me.
.
.
.
My eyes fluttered open, I groaned as I saw it was still dark, I stood up and walked towards the bathroom, yawing slightly.

After I did my business and washed my hands, I started to make my way towards my bedroom before stopping, my heart thumped faster as I heard the same thundering as I heard at the arcade that day.

I turned around to see the front door creeping open, with a loud creak, I walked towards it slowly before stopping as the door opened fully.

Why was I seeing this? The sky was a cross between red and blue, flashing intensely, the wind blowing my hair as I took another step forwards, vibes covered the patio of the floor, along with the walls, only the outside was like this, the inside was normal.

I took another step forward, goosebumps appearing on my arms and neck, something felt terribly wrong, was Will seeing this too? Were we connected somehow?

I stepped outside, my hair blowing more rapidly then before, I looked up at the sky and gasped, I will not lie and say it wasn't a beautiful sight, something I would love to draw, something I may draw.

I swear my heart stopped as I saw the outline of a monster, it growled and looked up at me. "Fuck this shit." I muttered, Turing around and running into the house, shutting the door behind me.

I ran to my room and took out my supercom, changing he cannel to the one Will and I use to only talk to each other. "Will, Are you awake, over." I pressed my finger off the button and waited.

"E-Elizabeth?" His voice came through, sounding scared and frightened.

"Did you just see The Upside Down?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, H-how did you know?" He asked.

"Because I saw it, too." I closed my eyes "I saw it again, I think we're connected somehow, that's why I'm also seeing this."

Authors Note,
What did you think?
~Robyn