CHAPTER SEVEN

The Pollywog

~

Bob pulled up outside of the school, I placed my hand on the handle and pulled it before getting out the car. "Thank you for the ride, Bob." I thanked him, giving him a slight wave.

"Have a great day, kiddos." Bob smiled, waving at us before driving away. I hooked my arm through Will's and smiled. "Are you okay, Will?" I asked, rubbing my other hand over his arm for comfort. Will nodded his head while giving me a small smile, but he didn't reply to my question.

I stared at him for a few seconds before looking away, Will knew that he could talk to be about his feelings and memories. Because I am kinda connected to him in someway...like I'm meant to protect him.
.
.
.
"The case of Phineas Gadge." Mr Clarke started to speak "is one of the greatest medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in the 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven completely through his head." He spoke, drawing a black line over the skeleton head diagram, that was placed under the projector.

"Phineas miraculously survived.
He seemed fine." Mr Clarke continued "And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. So much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as 'No longer Gage'" I looked over at Max to see her starting at something, I turned to see that Will was in her line of vision, he turned his head to look at her but she looked away quickly, he then looked at me, I sent him a little smile before Turing back to Mr. Clarke.

"At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a—-" Mr. Clarke got interrupted by my brother bursting through the door, panting heavily.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke." Dustin panted, walking towards his seat "Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class."

I rolled my eyes, he was late because he went to the library, I mean that isn't a bad excuse at all, I would have just teleported over here....but I wasn't the one late to school though, was I.

"Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod. As I said." Mr. Clarke continued to speak, I turned my head to see my brother whispering with the rest of the party, I leaned forward trying to listen but couldn't hear anything so I just gave up and leaned back in my chair, I'm sure they would tell me later.

My brother turned around and whispered "AV Club. lunch." He looked at me and then Max, I nodded my head before Mr. Clarke called his name. "Dustin!"

"Yes, my lord?" Dustin replied, Turing back to face him.

"Would you care to join the class now?" Mr. Clarke asked.