Depressed!Nerdy!Tween!Reader x Tween!Ed 2

So I was going through previous chapters and realized I promised a part 2 of this but never actually made one, so here it is. Hope you like it :)

A lot of time had passed since you first met Ed, yet nothing really changed.

You were still the antisocial "nerd" who got picked on a lot, even here in middle school where you thought things would be different.

Ed didn't grow very much, and he was always getting picked on for being to short, which you couldn't help but laugh slightly at.

And now here you two were, the year before high school began in Grade 8. You, Ed, and Al were sitting on the Elric's couch, you in the middle with Ed's head on your shoulder.

You weren't exactly holding hands, but the two of you were fidgeting. It was something you guys always did and never thought much of it.

Al never really had any complaints. He was always supportive of your friendship. He never teased you two about dating like the others did, because he understood you were close friends and nothing past that.

"What time is it?" You mutter and lay your head on top of Ed's.

Al pulled out his phone. "6:30."

You sighed. "I have to be home by seven."

"Yeah." Ed replied, yet neither of you two made any effort to getting up. "You should get ready."

"I am." You replied, still not moving. "I'm going right now."

"Hurry up or you'll be late."

"I'm going," you paused for a beat for added effect. "As fast as I can."

"I'll help."

Al rolled his eyes with a small smile at the conversation. "You know that requires actual movement, right?"

You groan and move away from your comfortable position, Ed doing the same.

"Fine."

"Bye [Y/n], love you." Ed yawned and resorted to scooting over on the couch and putting his head on Al instead.

"Love you too." You replied before walking back to the blonde's room, getting your stuff together and then walking out the door.

~~~~~

You were awake at 3 in the morning, even though you knew you had to get up in less than 4 hours.

You were laying in bed on your phone, not feeling tired. You could go long periods of time without sleep and not have it affect you, so you didn't think much about it.

However, once you got a random text from your friend, you furrowed your brows.

3:02 am
Asshole: Hi

3:03 am
You: Wtf are you doing up so late

It took a few minutes of you scrolling through whatever social media you had lazily before receiving a reply.

3:07 am
Asshole: I could be asking you the same thing, you know

3:08 am
You: Yeah but you didn't so answer me

3:10 am
Asshole: I just have a lot on my mind

3:13 am
You: Like what? You okay?

3:17 am
Asshole: Yeah I'm fine [Y/n], just thinking

3:19 am
You: About what? Maybe I can help :P

He didn't reply afterwards, but you didn't stress it. You knew he'd tell you if he wanted you to know, so you returned to your previous activity and even decided to read a book online.

Once you were about to lay down to sleep, though, you got another message.

4:18 am
Asshole: I might slightly like you

4:20 am
You: What do you mean?

You furrowed your brows. What?

4:21 am
Asshole: I may have a very slightly tiny crush on you

4:21 am
You: Why? I'm hidious to look at and I have like no personality

2:32 am
Asshole: Okay so like

Looks aren't everything, and even so yours are good

And your personality it amazing like gOT DAMN

And like you make me laugh and stuff

And idk whatever you do it just makes me happy for some reason

You wanted to laugh because none of that was true in your opinion.

4:34 am
You: Yeah okay
And honestly I might have a small crush on you too even tho I mainly see you as my best friend

4:35 am
Asshole: Wait you're sending me mixed signals here
DO I PERSUE YOU OR IGNORE IT

You laughed slightly at this.

4:36 am
You: .... I never said I wouldn't like it if you did pursue it

4:36 am
Asshole: So like I'm gonna go over to your house tomorrow and we're gonna play Overwatch and after we win 5 or 6 rounds I'll ask you out

There's no arguments or complaints allowed

I already made up my mind

You grin and gnawed on your bottom lip, but you didn't want to show how happy that made you.

4:38 am
You: This is why your contact in my phone is asshole