005. triads and mishaps

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐌𝐘 attention constantly darted left and right, taking in the amazing view of Republic City. Sato Cars and tall buildings galore. You really couldn't find this amount of modern luxury back in the Southern Water Tribe. Korra and I were walking down a crowded street, trying to find a path that lead to Air Temple Island before noticing Naga curiously sniffing the ground, as if she was picking up a certain scent.

"Naga, wait!" Korra called after at the dog, who suddenly ran off. We caught up to the massive beast who was buried inside a tent selling delicious treats. With a taken aback yelp, I hurriedly rushed up to her and pulled on her leash. 

"Naga, stop!" I grunted, pulling the heavy polar bear onto the sidewalk. "Bad girl!"

She whimpered, putting her head down with her black beady eyes glimmering with sorrow. My bottom lip jutted out, cupping her snout as I cooed with a high-pitched voice, "I can't be mad at you, you little cutie!"

"Well since we're here, we should get something to eat." Korra suggested, approaching the booth as I yelped once again when the huge polar bear-dog happily licked my face. 

"We'll take. . ." she paused, curiously scanning the steaming snacks displayed on the wooden table. "One of everything, please!"

 "Alright," The seller replied dryly. "That'll be eighty yuans." 

Her eyes widened and quickly glanced at me with a sheepish smile. With a tired sigh, I digged my hands into the pockets of my skirt and miraculously pulled out a button. She turned to the seller and nervously laughed, "We don't have any money." 

The seller's eyes widened in shock, her thin lips tugging down into a scowl. "Then what good are you to me?!" She hurriedly shooed us away, leaving us empty handed and hungry.

☆      ☆      ☆

Thanks to a homeless man named Gommu, we found some fish at a nearby river in the park, but who knew that fishing wasn't allowed in Republic City? 

A little later, Naga, Korra and I were walking around through the park, occasionally taking worrisome glances behind our shoulder for any signs of the policeman that had chased us away for our illegal fishing when suddenly, we heard a man shouting from afar. 

We curiously followed the voice to a protester standing on a platform that was placed in front of a poster of a masked figure that instantly brought me the chills.