Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Blake’s POV

Staring out into the crowd, I panicked for the first time.

Taking deep breaths I called my beta over.

“I need you to sort them out while I look for her, okay?” I asked, but he knew it wasn’t a question; it was on order. He nodded, a serious look taking over his features. Smiling weakly at him, I let him know I was thankful; after all, he was my best friend.

Scanning the crowd, I winced inside- this would cause some permanent damage. Taking in a deep breath, I sought out her scent. Letting my wolf take over, I watched as I sprinted into the forest under my wolf’s control. Sniffing the air again, I realised she had long gone… whoa, my mate was fast.

It had been ten minutes, and I still hadn’t caught up to her yet. Her scent luckily hadn’t faded yet, but I could go on for 2 or 3 hours sprinting straight. I was just worried that she could go on for longer, also because there was a river an hour ahead, and I didn’t want to lose her scent.

It was the only thing stopping me and my wolf from going on a rage

The forest was getting denser, but I knew this forest like that back of my hand. When I was little, in my spare time I used to run through these woods. In times like this it came in handy.

Now my wolf was starting to get restless, he didn’t like knowing that’s his mate was running from him. But hey, so was I.

It had been an hour, and I still haven’t caught up to her, I had no idea how she was out running me without her even shifting yet, but I was starting pant, and my footsteps were more sluggish. The sun was setting, and I wanted her out of the forest before nightfall. It was frustrating knowing that you were the cause of it all, but I couldn’t stop my wolf from blurting out that comment- when I saw her angered face, I knew I had pushed it too far.

My wolf was no liking the uncertainty of knowing that his mate was not pure or not, I didn’t care too much of who she slept with… okay, that was a lie, I was jealous as shit, and I wanted to bash the bastards face in for seeing her naked. Even that wouldn’t be enough.

But as she pointed it out; it was hypocritical, and I shouldn’t have brought it up if I wasn’t willing to be asked the same. My wolf didn’t think so though, he didn’t give a shit that it was hypocritical, all he wanted were answers. Of course, my wolf was an asshole, and only thought for himself, the pack and his mate. Everyone else was scum to him.

Sometimes having a wolf sucked

I never wanted to annoy her, but my wolf started to get annoyed, and broke through for that split second. I admit that the first time I asked I was in full control, but after my wold thought about it, he was desperate to know.

“Leera!” I yelled; desperate times called for desperate measures. My panting was getting worse, and my legs were starting to tire. I was only relying on her scent and I was fast approaching a river, I had to know where she was exactly.

“Come on Leera! Where the hell are you?!” I cried, then I heard the tricking of water, and I was 99sure that she had gone through it. Groaning, I stopped at the edge of the river, peering down into the water. Yep, she had definably gone in it, I would never find her now unless she was nearby.

Ripping my shoes off, I dived into the water, and emerged on the other side, trying to fight the current. I was worried that the current had dragged her away, as I climbed onto the mossy rocks, I heard a distant cry. My wolf snapped into action, furiously trying to take over, chanting ‘mate, mate, mate!’ over and over again, but her didn’t have to say it; I recognised her voice.