Chapter Nineteen: This is Jennett, Beclan, and Dordan

"Do these jeans make my butt look fat?"

"No."

"Does this shirt match my eyes?"

"No."

"If I killed you, will you hold it against me?"

"No."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"No."

"Naomi..."

I threw my hands up in exasperation. "Well what do you expect? Me to listen you ramble on and on about you trying on different clothes?"

"Yes, Naomi," Jordan said, crossing his arms. "Yes I am."

Right after we got kicked out of the theater because of our popcorn war, all four of us decided to head over to the mall. The mall isn't just any other mall. It's the mall. There are many malls around the city, some small, some big, some local, some good shops and so on. But the mall, which is the West Central Mall, is the main mall that everyone goes to. It's the biggest, most popular mall in the city. With the best shops, best food, and best customer service. Whether they want to buy the perfect gift, upgrade their wardrobe, or just hang out and eat at the food court. Everyone goes there. Kids meet up there, buy new clothes there, loiter there, shoplift there, everything. Usually when they are satisfied bullying me for one day, they would head over to the mall or just altogether skip the bullying because they want to buy something on sale. So sometimes the mall is my hero.

Of course, I don't have a death wish. I never went there myself. And if I ever go shopping with my parents, we usually go to the more smaller and local malls. And even if they went there, I never join them and usually stay at home. Why throw all my hard work of hiding the fact I get bullied from my parents just walking into the mall where a whole army of kids from my school are waiting for me? Besides, I don't have any reason to go to the mall, there are other malls and shops all over the city. Though, I looked up the mall's official website and saw the many restaurants there in the food court or the different shops there (besides clothes). And even if I wanted to go there, I can't and I won't. I like living thank you very much.

But that changes now that I have the guys. Bennett had parked the car in the mall's parking lot, getting a parking lot ticket that will keep track of our stay in the mall. If we exceed the limit of two hours, we have to pay for it. Not that pay for it- cracking knuckles and getting ready for a beating -I mean a few dollars lesser when you pay for it. The parking lot was huge, of about five levels, maybe even more. The only thing I get worried about huge parking lots is forgetting where you parked the car. But the worry was forgotten with another. 

How am I going to survive this shopping?

Usually, when I shop with my parents or by myself (in small shops that's not popular but has good taste) I usually buy what I want and leave. Most people, mostly girls I'm afraid, take hours just trying on clothes. They pick a bunch of clothes that are cute, expensive, or both. And practically the whole time they're in the mall, they spend their time in the fitting room trying it all on, most likely never going to buy it. It's a waste of time, trying all of those clothes when you can just try them at home. If you like something just buy it and go, move on to the next shop. But it's useless trying to tell Jordan this.

"I don't know what to choose," Jordan mused to himself before turning to me. "Should I get the red shirt or the blue shirt?"

I looked up and saw Jordan holding two identical shirts in front of me. The only difference was one was red and the other was blue.

"I don't know, they both look the same."

Jordan gasped. "They do not. Look at the design of the red shirt compared to the blue shirt. See the difference?"