Chapter 14: We Blow Up The Bunker

Henley sighed for the umpteenth time, sinking down further into one of the library chairs. She felt completely helpless, as her Dad and Uncle walked around trying to solve their current predicament, which was oh yeah, trying not to die. Just once, Henley wished someone would end up helping them instead of trying to murder them. She pushed herself out of the chair, walking over to Dean, as he switched on the emergency lights.

"Alright, the garage?" Sam asked, walking over to the two of them.

"Doors are warded, walls are reinforced steel."

Henley looked up at Lady Bevell, frowning. Guess they figured out who the pessimist was going to be. Well then she'll just have be the optimist. They were going to get out of this bunker, and Henley wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Okay...um maybe we can get out through the air vents," Sam suggested, looking at Dean for some kind of answer, when Lady Bevell piped up again.

"You wouldn't get far, there are choke points in the duct system, even Henley or I couldn't squeeze through."

"I say we kill her. You heard Ketch, we've got three days of air left, we ice her, maybe that buys us an extra day." Dean stated bluntly. Henley's mouth almost dropped open, until she remembered who was talking.

"I assure you Dean, I'm an extraordinarily shallow breather," Lady Bevel proclaimed, putting her hand over her chest.

"Heh, alright," Dean chuckled, walking forward, angel blade in hand.

"Remember I am the one that programed your mother, which means I'm the only one that can undo it. And since I assume you want mummy back, you need me." Dean looked to the ground, turning his head in Sam's direction.

"You believe her?"

"I don't know. If she's lying, sure, but mom's still out there brainwashed. So, if she's telling the truth we do need her."

Henley smiled, looking over at Sam. Leave it to him to be the rational one. Dean pursed his lips, looking up at Lady Bevell.

"Alright, you're so smart, how do we get out of here?"

"The only way out is to pull the manual override."

Is that a thing?" Sam asked, face scrunched up in disbelief.

"Oh, it is. But it's outside the bunker. Where we can't reach it."

"Awesome," Dean breathed out, shaking his head. Henley rested her head against Dean's arm, she just wanted to go to sleep, she was exhausted from almost getting murdered...again. But now she knew she'd be getting three days without sleep. Fantastic.

"Wait a second, guys...we're in a giant vault, loaded down with occult books and lore. There's got to be something somewhere in here. A-an item or a spell. Some hoodoo that can reverse the lock down." Henley looked up at Dean, and by the look on his face, she knew he agreed. Well, time to hit the books.

After combing through three books, finding zip, Henley groaned, throwing the most recent one on the growing pile of unhelpful information. Getting up to find another book, she stopped, when Sam spoke up.

"I think I got something." Henley smiled for what was probably the first time all day. Walking over to Sam, she peered over his shoulder as he began reading.

"When the Romani people were forced to assimilate in Europe, the...uh the Roma used a spell. The Abrogation ritual, as an act of rebellion against their persecutors. The Devla turns back complex mechanical processes. Resets equipment, machinery.

"What's it take," Dean asked, and Henley could hear the doubt in his voice. Like she said earlier, she had to be the optimistic one.

"Seems like pretty basic ingredients. Nothing we don't already have." Sam sucked in a breath as he scanned further down the page. "Oh."